F430 Seat options | FerrariChat

F430 Seat options

Discussion in '360/430' started by boilerup1998, Feb 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boilerup1998

boilerup1998 Rookie

Apr 7, 2014
    Indiana
    #1 boilerup1998, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but the search option didn't yield an appropriate result. It appears that there were 2 MAIN seat options. I know the "Daytona" style one and "the other one" (see attached). What's the name of the other option? Is this the one that is considered the "non-power" seat? Can anyone give an opinion of these seats vs the Daytona style...comfort, leather quality, desirability...Personally, I just don't think they look very good by comparison to the Daytona style.
    Much appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #2 Red 27, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    The pic in your attachment is the "standard seat" it did not have a name that I know of except standard.
    It can be power or manual, that was a separate option. I have never sat in the standard seat but I believe it is the exact seat as the Daytona except the center section is covered in a different pattern. Same leather and padding. A few owners have said the Daytona is less comfortable for them due to the raised stripes. There was a "sport" AKA racing seat option and also I believe Scud seats could be ordered.
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1920&bih=963&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=PKDiVN1Tr-KwBOuvgqAL&ved=0CC8QsAQ&q=ferrari+430+seat+options

3. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    I have the sports seats but I think they had to stop them after 2005/2006 for airbag sensor reasons so they're pretty rare.

4. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Standard seat w optional power. Daytona upgraded seat as a cost option, and power as an additional charge. Deviated stitching, piping, and Daytona swatches in alternating colors also optional.

Also there was an option to get the full carbon fiber sports/race seats which are extremely rare and hard to find. They were a very expensive option and not many were ordered with them. I know a lot about these since I purposely sought them out as one of my options I most desired when considering an F430. You could get these stitch matched to your interior stitching. These are leather also with very thin padding and additional bolstering. Only adjustable back and forth and cf rotating knob recline both manually operated. Seat backs do not come forward. These are not the same as the scud/16M seats which I do not think were available for F430 Berlinetta or spider.

5. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Sunir is absolutely correct about the racing seats. I have them in my spider and while they are very similar to the Scud seats, they differ. Great seats but if you're not all that tall, they could be an issue since they're not height adjustable. Also, no pulley system behind the seats to tilt them forward. But they do have the same beautiful CF backs and similar overall design to the Scud seats.

6. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Also note that the carbon sports seats are very low to the floor pan of the chassis. If you are taller these will be better if you're shorter you may find them quite low. The way I like to describe them is that in these sport/race seats you are sitting "IN" the seat as opposed to sitting "ON" the seat like a Daytona or stock seat. Also keep in mind bolstering is much more surrounding and holding you in place as expected from basically a factory racing shell only difference is there is a large cf rotary knob for reclining. This is a set it and forget it type seat great for you not but not for multiple drivers, no seat memory and only limited adjustment. It's a very purpose made seat. I love them but I would definately suggest you sit in them and try them as they have quite thin padding as well. Also if you have mobility problems, excess weight or large stature or injury to the hip or leg area you may find these sport/cf seats very hard to get in/out of.

7. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    I have got the full Carbon Racing seats in my car and love them.
    I was a little concerned if they where comfortabel enough but they really are.
    Drove 15000km last year incl. a trip of 3300km in Italy :D
    They are awesome, especially on a road with a lot of curves ;)
    They give so much support.

I have sat in the standard and daytona seats, bot feel Almost the same but are higher than my Carbon seats. I have a longer body so the lower Carbon seats are the best option for me.
    Be aware if you are looking for Carbon seats that they come in sizes. I have the L size.

8. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    #8 Jonkheer, Feb 17, 2015
  9. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Agree with the sports seats comments. I love them in my spider - I am over 6 feet and they make the cabin so much more liveable.

Be aware of bolster wear - it happens on all Ferrari seats I know, but these seem to have unique "buttock drag" wear. So even if yours is a garage queen with "garage miles", you will still get cracked bolsters.
    Also if you're in the market for a pair, be aware they could be factory ordered in size "medium" or "large" ; I don't believe small were an option. Go for large if at all possible - better for resale

10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i too have the large racing seats and absolutely love them ,sitting in the daytona seats i feel like im all over the place,with the racing seats it holds u in and there very comfy very hard to not have racing seats if i was looking for another ferrari

11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    so basically the passenger air bag could not be turned off incase for a baby seat etc is that way the were no longer aviable after 06?

12. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Scud seats were an option on late F430's.

13. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    +1

14. Ferrari Nube

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    #14 Ferrari Nube, Feb 18, 2015
  15. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    #15 sunir, Feb 18, 2015
    Here are mine...works like a snug glove with the Gated shifter to really enhance the driving intensity and big CCMs to haul you down on those switchbacks...great to be firmly in the seat bolstering while on twisty mountain roads while rowing through the gears!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Whoa... wait a minute! Your Ferrari has a Lamborghini color? Was it a repaint, or actually painted at the factory? I had a Gallardo in Arancio Borealis myself.

Please share pics... would love to see what it looks like on an F car.

17. Ferrari Nube

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    #17 Ferrari Nube, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Yes, It was a PTS option that the original owner ordered. Only one in Canada and some think it's special while others think it's odd. I will try to post pics tomorrow but it also came with a full host of factory CF even throughout the engine compartment.

My SO wanted it so the rest is history. I preferred traditional colours but I've grown to like it as well. It actually garners a lot of attention due to its colour and currently has the tubi exhaust but will soon be capristo throughout.

It's only just turned 4,000 miles and spotless in and out. I just raised the car back to factory ride height but preferred the lowered stance. Some of our city streets aren't friendly enough, clearance wise.

Cheers
    FN

18. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I too have the racing seat option in my 2005 berlinetta. Though I have limited seat time so far, they seem very comfortable for someone built like me at 6'3'' with a long torso. I become kind of a part of the car in a good way once I'm settled in. And my 5'4" wife has been known to get comfortable enough to fall asleep on the passenger side.

Yes, they appeared to be an expensive option as indicated on the window sticker, being listed as "large racing seats w/connolly" for $4674.

19. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Some guys were looking at buying them from Ferrari after the initial build I dunno if they still offer them or not my local shop was telling me they are highly sought after and were something crazy from the factory in recent years!

20. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Very unique! Look forward to pics when you can.

21. Ferrari Nube

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    #21 Ferrari Nube, Feb 19, 2015
  22. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #22 houtie123, Feb 19, 2015
  23. PerthBloke

PerthBloke Rookie

Jun 10, 2014
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #23 PerthBloke, Feb 19, 2015
  24. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    Nice :D

25. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    This is a great thread! Lets see those interiors :) be they 3 pedal or F1, sport seats or daytonas, share whatcha got! And if you have a very unique color like blue leather or something please post pics as not often we get a chance to see that sorta thing! You all have some beautiful cars and interiors I must say!