Can someone help me with decoding the fuses | FerrariChat

Can someone help me with decoding the fuses

Discussion in '360/430' started by Froohpar, Feb 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Froohpar

Froohpar Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    Just changed the battery and the gas tank door as well as the convertible top and the back glovebox buttons don't work anymore. Went thru all the fuses in the manual and can't make sense of which fuses I should check. I read some earlier threads that folks had the same issue. Can someone please give me some help. Thanks a bunch.

2. redduke

redduke Karting

Apr 19, 2011
    Silverstone - UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The fuses are listed staring at page 142 of the 360 owner's manual which you can download from
    All Ferraris

3. Froohpar

Froohpar Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    Thanks. I did look at the manual, but can't figure out which fuse from the list is related to the gas tank door, the back glove compartment, the convertible top switch and someone also mentioned that the turn signal may be related to those as well. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Just bought my spider last week and running out of gas, and the gas tank switch doesn't open the gas tank door. I know there is a bypass in the engine compartment, but was hoping I could open the gas tank like normal people :) Thanks.

4. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    #4 rmarchjr, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Helpful Ferrari electrical info is hard. Those wiring diagrams are not descriptive as to wire function, only this one goes to that one. If you remove the lower panels behind the drivers & passenger seats - there is a fuse & relay chart on the back of the carpeted panel. Also under the plastic cover over the fuses in the front trunk also has some descriptions if I remember correctly.

The picture is the inside panel from my 360 Challenge car, your street car should be the same. Their are fuses and relays on both sides & inside the front trunk. I would just test them all and replace any that look sketchy.

Sorry I can't tell you which ones to look at, or why this is very secret info for Ferrari!?!? I'll never know.

Good Luck!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Just in case... the fuel filler door can only be popped with ignition key in on position (and battery power on, obviously).

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    See above post. If key in switch doesn't pop the two...

Have no shame. Pop the engine lid. Gas pop lever is on the left hand side of the compartment behind the left rear wheel.

Any other things not working in the car?

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #7 Rifledriver, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Have not had time to look at the diagram but I just cannot imagine the top and fuel door on the same fuse.

Been wrong before but it doesn't sound right.

Also the fuses behind the seats tend to be for mechanical functions. The body functions tend to be in the luggage compartment.

8. Froohpar

Froohpar Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    I ended up doing a continuity check on all the fuses in the back of driver and passenger. I found one of the 15A fuses open behind the passenger seat which after replacing, now the gas cap door, the turn signal and the back glove compartment started to work. Thanks for everyone's help on this. As I mentioned, I just bought the car and really appreciate the close knit community of Ferrari owners. Thanks again everyone for all your inputs.

9. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    Congratulations! Nothing better then fixing your Ferrari yourself.
    I wish the factory provided we th owners complete info on electrical- like Porsche or every other car.
    I would recommend you find an expert independent repair shop- familiar w the 360, it will greatly enhance your ownership experience. most f dealers are good but shamelessly expensive.