Can I Lease A Ferrari F430? | FerrariChat

Can I Lease A Ferrari F430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by zaky1993, Mar 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zaky1993

zaky1993 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    Hello

I would like to Lease a Ferrari F430 for ~ 2 years and return it,
    I have searched online countless hours however I was not able to
    find a single dealership who is leasing it..

My question is that.. Can I Lease a ferrari F430? Or it's hard to find?

I am in the United States by the way.

Thank you

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If there is no dealership who will lease a 430.. then no you can't. ;)

It's a used Ferrari at this point. Why not buy one and then sell it after 2 years?

3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Maybe sales tax...? particular if you are in a state (like CA) that does not give you "tax credit" towards a next car.

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Your only option is to go with Premier but as far as I know it is Open End.

5. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    I only thought competitive leasing was for new cars, no?

6. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    You can probably do an open ended lease with some private leasing company but why? There are tons of fees involved likely not a great money factor and open ended leaves all risk on you. I doubt anyone will do a closed end lease like a main stream manufacturer offers on its new cars. These cars are heavily depreciated as it is. You can likely buy one and drive it and sell it in 2 years and lose less than you'd pay to lease. The bad part is you pay sales tax to buy. Maybe find a way to register it in a no sales tax state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. drewstewWwoc

drewstewWwoc Rookie

Feb 26, 2015
    Many people lease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Open ended lease.. Putnam or Premier. It might make sense from a tax standpoint but only if they do it with no cap cost reduction. I was going to use Premier on my F430. The original quote was 5k out of pocket and $1100 per month 5 years. Final quote $30k out of pocket and $800 per month. I have had BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche ... But never an "exotic". They said that's why they wanted more down... I wasted 4 days with them provided more financial info then when I bought my last house and they came with that bs of 30k down.. That was what I was trying to avoid with leasing. Btw credit scores were from 793-811.…

I would steer clear of them!!!

I skipped them and went with a conventional loan. Put 15k out of pocket and payments not much more.

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#9 Cigarzman, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    You might try Autoexotic in Sarasota Fl. They rent them so they may lease one. Naples Motorsports is leasing a red 2009 430 spider check that out .

10. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Correct me if I am wrong but besides opened end leasing (through Premier of Putnam for example), nobody will do closed end leasing for a used car.

11. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Not that I have seen. One more thing Ferrari does open ended leases too at the dealership. I didn't inquire because I got a deal with a private but it's worth a shot if you are looking.

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Dealers lease pre owned BMWs, etc. all the time. I'm sure Ferrari dealers can arrange financing for you. Leasing is a form of financing.

13. 4retr

4retr Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    David B.
    Try Soveriegn Bank. They did a closed end lease on a 4 yr old Ferrari a few years back. Good luck!

14. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Call me crazy but if someone can afford to drive a 430 shouldn't they just pay cash for it?

15. Chrisnlbc

Chrisnlbc Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2015
    Huntington Beach

Everyone pays cash for a Ferrari? I guess im the minority that financed their car. ?

16. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    You'd be better off Paying the Taxes and buying it, Then leasing it...The fees and interest you'd pay on the lease would probably be more than the Taxes....

Besides....You'll want to keep it more than two years!! TRUST ME. :D

17. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Why would you take 150k out of investments to buy a car? Maybe I'm crazy but I would not pay cash when interest rates are so low.. Not matter what kind of investor you are you will make more than the highest loan interest rate..

18. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    Don't forget the tax implications- if you own a small business- the lease is deductible. And you can buy it out personally @ end of term. So effectively walk away with a 430 for 30-50k out of pocket while the company pays the rest...
    Much better deal then paying in cash.

19. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Please tell me what accountant you use and how you managed to convince the IRS that it was a "company car"...

20. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    I guess he is safe as long as he doesn't get an audit from the IRS...and I also would like to know what kind of accountant would advise him to do that?

21. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    +1

22. beatbrother

beatbrother Karting

Aug 24, 2009
    Zonhoven - Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    It is possible. I talked with my accountant and in my profession (I do photo & videoproductions), I can use the car as some sort of presentation-ceremony car.
    For example photoshoots on a wedding, ... etc.

23. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I wish you the best with that in an audit... I can't imagine that one has been tried before.. ;) Must use the car in a documented shoot for non-hobby purposes once a week right?

24. mashoutposse

mashoutposse Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    I can confirm the above. The Premier package is a terrible deal; they prey on people who want to drive dream cars despite insufficient cash flow. The terms are designed to lock you in for 12-24 months, when they make a large amount of money off of you in finance charges.

A much better proposition is DCU; they will finance the car for as low as 1.24% over 65 months.

I ended up paying cash for my cars. I may take up DCU on their offer eventually; it's too good a deal to pass up.

25. beatbrother

beatbrother Karting

Aug 24, 2009
    Zonhoven - Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    The auditors can't say anything about it if it's part of your business and if you can prove it can generate an income. If you then can handover some actual footage or pictures, it should be ok ... i guess ... :d