CS wheel (19") market | FerrariChat

CS wheel (19") market

Discussion in '360/430' started by cm2, Mar 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Can someone educate me on the current 19" challenge wheel market? I have some that I'm going to be deciding to keep/store or sell in the near future, but they suddenly appear to be sparse in ads, or really really expensive. Is this the case, or am I just missing the boat? I don't want to have these things be hard to find if I ever want to switch back. I think they are one of the best looking wheels on the 360...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    I am in the same boat, have a pristine set with almost new bridgestones wondering if I should sell them if I get a good offer. Just dunno how sparce they'll be in the future.

3. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Hey thanks for joining my boat, sunir. Let's just say I've been fielding 'questions' with 8 more wheels appearing in the garage... :)

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have been looking for a single front 7.5 for months to complete a set of three I have. If you want to let one front go I am a player! :)

5. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes sir. Don't think for a moment I did not already make him an offer... As I did. We just have not been able to come to terms.

$1600 is beyond reason IMO.

6. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    ^^^ Agreed. Probably using some pricing leverage since it's harder to get a single wheel perhaps then the set of 4.

7. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Who has new sets in stock, and what do they run?

8. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Ferrari of Scottsdale AZ had a new set in silver around October of last year they wanted over 6 or 7 grand for it, not including the titanium lug bolts which were also new and they wanted another $2500 for those. I may sell my polished set with the like new bridgestones at some point let me know of you're (or anyone else for that matter) are interested.

9. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    Have you tried (not affiliated):

Exotic Auto Recycling, Leading part supplier for Ferrari, Maserati, & Lamborghini

They have a red spider with challenge wheels from a quick glance.

Although I don't think you're going to find one much cheaper to be honest.

10. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm in the market. I'm going to check out that Exotic Auto Recycling place this week. It's about 15 minutes from my house. The challenge wheels aren't available any more, but he has some other stuff that I might be interested in.

11. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    So it looks like they are limited, no one really stocks them new, and prices are high now (maybe 5k for a used set, maybe more with tires) and likely to increase based on limited stock? This about right?

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, the factory just ran out of the 19" modular wheels for the 575M and Superamerica and used sets are now in 5 figures. Good news for 360 and F430 owners is there is an order of magnitude more monolithics out there than our 19" modulars. But they are getting scarcer and more expensive.

If you want a set, buy them and stash them. For those looking for sets or singles contact Chris at Exoticar and see if he has any.

13. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Wow this makes me wanna keep my nice set of 19" polished challenge Stradale wheels and near new bridgestones! If someone gives me a nice offer may let them go but otherwise your hunch which is along the lines of what i thought too makes me kinda weary of just giving em away for dirt cheap price.

14. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    They don't have any either. I called them to get a comp price.

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Nathan- Chris usually had three or four sets on hand, so they must be getting rarer.

16. Mads550

Mads550 Rookie

Jun 14, 2014
    I had been looking for a spare set of wheels for my CS and enquired about a set of brand new CS wheels from the UK that were newly manufactured as an OEM replacement wheel (i.e. not a ferrari/BBS produced wheel) They were apparently made same way (flow formed) as the originals. They were already sold for a price of about £2000 for a set (thats about $3000 - i am in the USA). Wondered if that seemed like a sensible price if i could get another set? It seems that an original set cant be bought for much less than 5k USD now.

17. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    The original CH 19" monolithic wheels as come on CS and option on F430 are much more expensive than 3K USD, or even $5K. On the used market they are becoming more and more scarce and on the new market they are almost impossible to find. A dealer or Ricambi would have more info on those prices.

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    M- If they are comparable quality, that is a great deal.

19. Mads550

Mads550 Rookie

Jun 14, 2014
    Taz - seemed a good deal to me. i just don't really like any of the other options for after market wheels that fit over the brakes/calipers on the CS. Its an extreme fittment so many main stream wheels just won't fit either.

20. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
  21. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    #23 Hawkeye, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017