Carbon Ceramic Brakes for F430/F360 | FerrariChat

Carbon Ceramic Brakes for F430/F360

Discussion in '360/430' started by racingbrake, Mar 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
  2. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    #2 racingbrake, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    RacingBrake offers the complete upgrade/replacement for your F430 brakes:

Retaining OE calipers and replace the rotors:
    - RB Iron rotor kit (400/390)
    - CCM rotors using Corvette ZR1 discs (394/380 or 394/390)
    - CCM rotors using ST (Surface Transforms) discs (395/390)

Install the complete RB Caliper kits:

RB has the same optional set up for:

Corvette ZR1 (w/RB light weight rear hat)
    Nissan GT-R
    Porsche 991 including the latest 991 GT3 pccb (410/390) and non-pccb (380/380)

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Very interesting. None of those kits will fit 18" wheels. Have you tested them on OEM F430 wheels?

Great looking kits.

5. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Our Ferrari brake kits are designed and built primarily for stock replacement retaining the use of OE calipers, with optional upgrade to the complete RB caliper kits like the kits offer for GT-R.

RB Caliper Kit w/ZR1 Rotors - Handling and Suspension - Nissan GT-R Heritage

Racing Brake Replacement Caliper Review - Handling and Suspension - Nissan GT-R Heritage

In a regular 18" wheel the standard brake rotor size is 355mm (350-360), although there are some after market 18" wheels can take up to 380mm rotors, but I do not think an 18" can fit 390mm rotors (CCM rotors)

6. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Quick question:
    My understanding is that the OEM front rotor size for the Scuderia/16M is 398MM. I see these "direct" replacments (2c15)are 395MM.

My question is whether or not the 3MM matter? Will there be part of the pad not contacting the rotor?

7. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    The actual pad contact is at 394/395mm* dia (depending if OE or aftermarket pad), 398mm will actually have 1.5 to 2.0mm pad set back from the rotor edge.

All our brake products are engineered with the same precision (see ZR1 below), and fitment is guaranteed.

In our item detail description page you can see the rotor dimensions and weight comparisons and replacement discs information.

394mm although fits perfect for Ferrari OE calipers, but for original Corvette ZR1 installation the pad contact height is only 390mm (2mm set back), so you can see from our Iron Rotor Replacement they are made to 390mm.

ZR1 Iron Rotor Brake Kit Upgrade for C5 & C6 Corvette 97+

8. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I think I understand, but just to clarify:
    You are saying a factory Scuderia/16M has 398MM OEM discs but the OEM pads cover only 394-395MM. As such, using a 395MM replacement won't make a difference.

9. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    We don't have Ferrari's CCM OE rotor on hand so we can't verify its accuracy, 398mm is what we heard just like you, but no one can actually confirm it.

At any rate our 394/395 will indeed fits better than 398mm. In fact this leads to another our exclusive assessment on the matching brake pad for this CCM rotor.

Ferrari OE pad is the same as for ZR1 with 85mm friction width, but the actual contact is only 77/78mm all the rest is sitting very close to the hat area with a different material that pad can't wear in but generating heat.

So we make the pad width to 78mm that again fits better than OE pads for both CCM and our Iron Rotor, which is believed being so made for F458.

RB brake pad with XR70 racing compound reviewed at Corvette forum:

RB XR70 brake pads test review - Corvette Forum

10. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    #10 racingbrake, Mar 2, 2015
  11. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
  12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #12 tazandjan, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    The 394 mm Corvette ceramic rotors will work with the calipers from the 398 mm CCM rotors on the Scud/16M and 575M HGTC. As you discovered, you just need either new hats (like you provide) or the ones from the OEM rotors.

Those OEM rotors are quoted by Ferrari and Brembo as 398 mm, and they are a tight fit for 19" wheels. Ferrari went to 8" wide F wheels for the Scud/16M for more brake clearance and less understeer. They modified the 19" wheels on the 575M (larger inner diameter across part of the rim) to fit the 398 mm CCMs and 6 piston calipers. I have 396 mm Mov'It CERs in front, so they all differ by a bit, but I needed the modified 19" wheels for them to fit.

13. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    We are highly specialized in developing CCM rotor kits & very familiar with their fitments, in fact we also offer 390x36/390x32 CCM kits for 991 GT3 that comes with standard brakes (Red calipers) for fitting 19" wheels (OE is 20") for lower cost in tires.

14. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    What you think about CCM BBK that are made to the following sizes:

- 410x36 mm Front (vs. OE 394x36)
    - 390x32 mm Rear (vs. OE 350x34)

These BBK require 20" wheels.

They are the same exact size as 991 GT3 pccb, and the kit will come with RB 6-piston heavy duty caliper made from 7075-T6 forging, and 4-piston rear caliper.

See the most recent comment by a GT-R track racer about RB calipers.

RB Caliper Kit w/ZR1 Rotors - Page 3 - Handling and Suspension - Nissan GT-R Heritage

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Warren- Those are some serious brakes. Does your company make your own calipers? Quality looks very good. Do you need the PPG paint codes for the OEM Ferrari calipers?

16. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    #16 racingbrake, Mar 5, 2015
    Thank you for asking.

Yes those calipers are made by our own design and tooling. Powder coating is done by a local shop here in Southern Ca, as to the color we use Cardinal powder with very successful result for the finish and durability (see pictures below)

Recently we introduced a hard anodizing surface coating which are very popular to car owners (especially for track racers), due to no color to fade and no coating to peel from the heat.

We have a total of 4 different size of 6-piton forging* (body shape) that are made to different size (piston, offset etc);

*RB6XL, RB6L (Yellow), RB6M (Red), RB6S (Black)

For anodizing you will see RB6L is a little tan than 6M's gray due to RB6L is forged from 7075 aluminum alloy for extra strength and stiffness than 6065.

Also include a transparent drawing showing why a caliper assembled from two halves (held together by 6 ea alloyed steel bolts) is stronger than mono-block body.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Warren- Mov'It came to the same conclusion on calipers. Theirs are a one piece forging that is then cut in two and bolted together after the machining operations for the pistons are completed. Testing concludes that is stronger than a monoblock and much easier to machine precisely.

Your calipers look great. Can you provide them with Ferrari decals, or is that prohibited? Something with a small RB decal below for the fronts?

18. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    #18 racingbrake, Mar 5, 2015
    That's what we do on the rebuilt calipers (like for EVO), but for new RB calipers I don't think we can use OE's logo. However customer should be able to add their preferred sticker/logo.

RB also offers a complete caliper rebuild components for rebuilding your OE calipers including Ferrari:

Caliper Rebuild Service - RacingBrake.com

RB caliper components are getting very popular among track racers:

Stainless Steel Piston - One piece thin wall cut and chrome plated, replacing OE's aluminum pistons for less heat transfer (only about 10%), and no separation like OE's 2 pcs and no corrosion.

High Heat Dust (Blue) Boot - Made of Telfon and can resist up to 450F (vs. OE's EPDM @300F) so your boots will not burn and crack under high heat on tracks (must avoid contacting brake fluids)

19. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I do have some clarification re caliper construction. Can you accept PM from me or email me your contact info.

[email protected]

Thanks

20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Warren- Now you believe me that Mov'its are two piece calipers water cut in two from a forged billet.

21. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Hi Warren, I haven't been on here since I asked you on Rennlist if you were going to have replacements that would fit the Stradale. I am very glad to see you have become a sponsor. If/When my Stradale Rotors need replacing I will be using your CCM product offerings.

22. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Thank you for the kind note.

We will be releasing a core CCM kit using ZR1 discs for F430 & F360 CS, which is also good for other 360's except they would have to upgrade their calipers, or buy the complete CCM kit (including RB calipers) from us.

The rear rotor will be upsized to same as ZR1 (380mm) in lieu of 350mm as OE.

Cheers

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Warren- Your calipers are beautiful. Great workmanship and they look like they will be very tough. Nice upgrade. Can you provide them without decals or silkscreening so owners can add Ferrari decals and then clearcoat? Looks like they would be a pain to paint with all the stainless hardware unpainted.

24. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Yes, it's confirmed the OE front is 398mm,, and the CCM replacement rotors using ZR1 discs for Scuderia/16M as you see in the picture with 394mm are indeed have better fit with OE calipers than OE's 398mm.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/143821503-post3.html

We have the hats in stock and the complete rotor assembly can ship in 4-6 weeks upon order.

RB/ZR1 CCM rotors cost less than 1/2 of what Ferrari dealer would charge, and these ZR1 discs are stronger and more durable than OE because they are made to the latest formulation by Brembo.

RB/ZR1 CCM Rotors for Ferrari 430 Scuderia (Front)

25. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Are the 430 Scuderia replacment CCM rotors compatible with the rotor wear information of the SD3? I.e. do they come with necessary information to set up the rotor wear information in the car computer? According to someone the Ferrari OEM replacement rotors come with some form of code to set this up correctly: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/438067-refurbishing-ccb.html