430 Dead Battery - Trickle Charger issues? | FerrariChat

430 Dead Battery - Trickle Charger issues?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Steelton Keith, Mar 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Car sat for several weeks. Have enough juice for window to go down, pump to actuate, and all dash lights. Won't turn over though. Car came with Ferrari Charger but I can't find ports to plug it in...some say under drivers seat, other direct into battery under passenger foot plate...some are in trunk???? 2007 430. I am paying for stupid mistake of not starting car. Thanks in advance for help.

2. Edgar Diaz

Edgar Diaz Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Edgar Diaz
    Ferrari 430 has battery behind footplate on passengers side. If your car has connections for a battery tender, the wire with plug should be around the battery. If you don't see it, you might want to open the battery cover. If you find it just plug it in and you are set.

3. Harrydino

Harrydino Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Same for me, I've looked in the passenger footwell and can't see any connectors? Removed the black plate that covers as well.

I've got an potimate trickle charger that I used to wire up to my Ducati but surely there must be an easier way of keeping the battery charged??

4. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Pigtail should be by the passenger foot well. Maybe it was pushed back in. That's the easiest place to install so it should be there.

5. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.

If it came with the big fancy red Ferrari charger in the fancy leather case it gets plugged into the port under the wiper blades and requires the screws to come out and panel to be put on and off every time. Then there is a port with a twist cap that must come off so the charger can connect. It is a real hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Edgar Diaz

Edgar Diaz Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Edgar Diaz
    If you can't find a pigtail, it could be that there is not one installed.

7. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
  8. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mine is behind the drivers seat.

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Don't assume that it is prewired. It's not a stock item. It's an option from the dealer. You might want to open the battery panel and see if the wires are there and if they are, trace them.

10. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thank you gentlemen. I have been through all possible locations and am now sure that Car does not have tender connection installed. The 430 was bought used and the battery tender that came with the car is in a nylon case not the leather case. When I opened the booklet with it, only California, 458, 599, and 612 are shown in the diagrams, so I think somebody tossed in the wrong battery tender at some point (I am third owner of the car). This is all my fault for not starting the car. I'm just putting in a new battery and that's that. On the bright side looks like I will have a Ferrari battery tender for sale soon.
    Thanks again.

11. ktm805

ktm805 Karting

Apr 6, 2011
    Arizona
    I had a Scud with the same tender. Does it have a round connection on the end with a tab lock? If so the connection for it is on the right side of the passenger footwell for LHD car. Use a flashlight to look because it blends well. It is the same connector as the California just a different location.

12. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My 07 has the female port in the same location as ktm's.
    I think it was a standard feature on the 2007 F430. In the link I provided there is a photo of the male end that fits it in post #30.

13. SAVANTAUTO

SAVANTAUTO Karting

Nov 5, 2010
    I am a bit confused. Where would the plug in connection location for the tender be if the car was born with the charger option?

14. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave