CS matricola n: 133309 - rebuilt - reconstruction. | FerrariChat

CS matricola n: 133309 - rebuilt - reconstruction.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Exotic Lambo, Mar 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    So we added a new member to our scuderia. CS matricola number 133309 which I have personally been chasing since it showed up in IAAI and then on eBay the summer of 2013, given it possibly has been celebrity own (Mr. Corolla?) and love it or hate it it has the very unique carbon portata/scope on top of the bonnet.
    Unfortunately timing wasn't right but now it is and given my previous experience in reconstructing a CS I'm super exited.
    We just got it home, the car was previously repair/rebuilt by the previous owner who originally purchased on eBay.
    There are some details on the car so I plan is to go over every corner in depth on the car to get it absolutely flawless or as close to perfection as possible.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    I started by taking disassembling the sticky interior pieces

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Please remove the snorkel.

xoxo,
    Ferrari Gods

4. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

I'm one of the ones that do like the scope, in fact I love it.

5. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    All of the bottoms on the center console need treatment.

[​IMG]

6. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    What is that snorkel there for? Some sort of ram air effect ? I've never seen that before it looks quite odd, no?

7. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

Some say it was a rare option back then. It drives fresh air into the engine bay through the rear bonnet plastic glass; eventually comes out off the rear challenge grill.

8. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    All of the sticky pieces are now off and ready for treatment.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    Also I took off all of the carbon pieces on the engine bay as with time the clear coat gets faded; I'll get my body guy to re coat them.

I took some extra shots of the scope as myself did not know how it worked until we bought the car.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    Now that I have taken the car apart I have the plan much more defined.
    Change the spark plugs
    Install cat delete test pipes
    Leave the exhaust valves open
    Install high flow air filters
    Drain all fluids
    Get calipers painted in Rosso Scuderia
    Re-coat the carbon pieces
    Treat all sticky parts
    Install new floor mats possibly F430 Scuderia's
    Install a Valentine 1 cord by the rear view mirror
    Install an iPod adapter to the OEM head unit
    And get some new "R" compound tires

Maybe some other items will get added alone the way.

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    That's a shame about those holes in the rear lexan. The cheapest I've found that cover is $6K... used.

It's a good thing you love that snorkel!

12. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I like the snorkel and glad you are keeping it. I am curious how the recoating of the CF pieces is performed. Will the original coating need to be stripped or sanded off first? Sounds labor intensive.

13. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

Actually I had this done before several times, they usually sand down the existing coat to then re-clear it. It's not that intense.

14. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    being unique is one of things which sets many things apart...good or bad.....and i think your CS is brilliant in being distinguishable with its "like or hate it" snorkel...i for one thinks it's pretty cool....the engine bay does get amazingly hot...and any induction of cool air into the engine bay would be a good idea....if done properly of course....

i got a question..who is Mr. Corolla?

15. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

Adam Corolla, TV host comedian.

16. Living4life

Living4life Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2008
    Looks great brother! Your always one for perfection in the details. I drove this car the other day on its way home and it was great!

Car is tight, looks good, runs good. It has some small things needed but overall I was way more impressed then I expected.

By the way, I thought the snorkel was weird but when I heard it was a rare option and saw it in person, I actually love it now! On the car, it looks like it belongs there.

17. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Congrats on the purchase - is that other CS parked in front of it also yours?

I agree that the snorkel is good. I can imagine how the inflow of cool air must help temps and performance, and provided it was factory spec, it is only going to add to the cars originality.

18. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

Thanks brother.

19. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

That's actually a regular euro coupe yet with carbon seats, roll bar, rare 4point harnesses and full Capristo exhaust.
    We recently added F430 challenge carbon brakes and center lock wheels on "R" compound tires, the stripe is just a plus.

Anyone that pops the bonnet open to let the heat out of the engine compartment as soon as park after a long run knows how hot it gets and therefore how much it would help to have extra fresh air going in.

20. Living4life

Jun 29, 2008
    That euro coupe we have is super sick! Way cooler then almost any other 360 as it is more or less the closest thing you can get to a TRUE challenge car for the street. We converted it to a stradale TCU so it shifts like a Stradale now too.

That euro car has no precats, and was originally owned by the CEO of Harley Davidson if I recall.

Back to the Stradale here:
    I found the end of the discussion on the snorkel:)
    The story just keeps getting cooler....It is officially Adam Corolla's old Ferrari Stradale!

He got tired of the engine bay heat and made a snorkel by fiberglass himself and then sent it to Chip Foose For his carbon fiber guy to make a one off custom snorkel!

Adam fitted it to the car and then sold it. I'm going to reach out to him with this thread as he just did a podcast last week on this car. So funny how timing works.

Podcast about Ferrari Stradale starts around 23:00 minutes
    PODCAST: Road Hard, Motorcycles, and Garage Renovations | CarCast

21. djjvr

djjvr Karting

Aug 16, 2014
    SFO/SAC/CPH
    I personally think that snorkel looks kinda cool. Good to see another one being taken care of.

22. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It sort of has a cult following at this point. Might as well leave it.

23. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I used to think the snorkel was awful. I assumed it was just stuck on purely for visual impact by some cheesy former owner. But after listening to the Corolla podcast, now I definitely think you should leave it. It's unique and was actually placed there for a functional purpose and is a one-of-a-kind piece designed specifically for this car.

(I would still prefer my CS without the snorkel, but as Jason said, it's a part of this car now)

24. Living4life

Jun 29, 2008
    I got an email from Adam Corolla's carcast crew today and they wanted to use some of the photos on the shows social site. I told them to ask Adam to post to this thread and get involved with Ferrarichat!

Apparently they have over 100,000 followers and counting.

25. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    #25 Exotic Lambo, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some of the pictures recapturing most of the work that has been done to the car.
    I disassemble all of the carbon parts to get them repair and re clear-coated.

Now I am in the assembly process, taking my time on making sure it all goes back to it's original place to the extend of replacing unmatched hardware and spray painting it in black.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login