Extremely Low Mileage 430 | FerrariChat

Extremely Low Mileage 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Eric R, Mar 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    As stated is there a threshold where too few miles would be a concern? I thought I had settled on a Cali but have found a 2006 F430 with loaded the way I would have if ordering (except interior color) but it has just under 1k mi. My gut tells me this is for garage queens and avoid it. Driving it (which I will) will bring on the issues. Anyone have experience with this?

2. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    They love to be driven.
    I would steer clear ; for a 2006 that sounds like it should rather be in a museum. 100 miles a year? Never warmed up. Probably still has the Mk 1 manifolds too.

3. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Those numbers are really hard to comprehend. Did the owner put it on a flat bed for each annual service? Was it serviced at all?

I too would pass.

4. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    If it was me and I liked it, I would not hesitate. While there are issues from lack of use, this is practically new, so on the positive, there is little to no wear and tear. Tires probably need to go due to age and possible flat spots. Another positive is you can put 10 or 20k miles on it and possibly sell it for what you paid or close to it.

5. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    That's a tough one. That is almost too low, if there can be such a thing. If it was regularly serviced and passes PPI, I would consider it but would be hesitant to pay a big premium.

6. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Due diligence is required.

I purchased an 05 F430 last year with under 4k miles on it last year. The car received annual service as was evidenced by the Ferrari records and invoices. The car was never driven in the rain and this was difficult since it was local to BC where it rains about 50% of the year. Garage queen yes, but it's been an exceptional car for me. Yes, I had to switch out the MK1 manifolds with Capristo but this part was fun. Get as much history on it as possible and maybe it's a gem!

Cheers
    FN

7. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    As with any purchase the price is a major part of the decision. I wouldn't pay a premium for the low mileage since it could be a negative but if you like the car I wouldn't pass it up. Get it serviced and drive it frequently. Regular exercise will work out any bugs.

8. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Agree completely. My 430 was 7 years old and just had a little over 2,000 miles when I purchased it. Dealer installed new tires and I had 0 issues (other than with the radio/speakers and the battery - and those were unrelated to low mileage) during the 18 months and about 6 k miles that I owned it.

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Did we ever get the asking price for the car ? Just curious .

10. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Thanks for the comments. I was leaning towards a Cali until I found this F430. Price is $149k. It really has made me stop and think about it.

11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Eric , do your homework and good luck . Keep us posted.

12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    its a gamble it may be a trouble free car or it may be a headache to own imo I would get one with at least 10k miles with fluid changes and new manifolds

13. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Thanks! I am definitely trying to do my homework. The thing I am learning with Ferrari in general is that it is hard to stay devoted to one model and look only for it. If only I could have several then problem solved.

14. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    If its offered as a CPO with one full year warranty, I wouldn't hesitate. I would buy it and put as many miles as I can for the first year. Honestly, I never heard of anyone not having any issues. Small or big. As long as you don't have to pay for the repairs , who cares. Go for it!

15. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    if you decide to pass can you send me the link to the car so I can have a look? thanks

16. slayerofsouls

slayerofsouls Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2014
    Somewhere
    It has been mentioned here already. But I can’t imagine the premium you would have to pay for an extremely low mileage F430. If you are purchasing for the sole purpose of leaving it parked and hoping one day it would be a yield a return, then sure.
    However, if you are getting it to be driven, I would not buy it. Firstly, any additional mileage will be working against the resale value significantly. 100 miles on a 1k Ferrari vs 100 miles on a 20k Ferrari will have a very different impact.

To put things into perspective, I paid a premium of 10k to buy an Aston Vantage with under 10,000kms (this was a 07). That being said, as a result I did not thoroughly enjoy the car, because I knew any additional KMs would hurt the resale.

The irony is, when I traded in the car, there were no examples of an 07 with my KMs, so it was essentially priced as if it had 20,000kms.