Music via iPhone | FerrariChat

Music via iPhone

Discussion in '360/430' started by Nrajabali, Mar 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nrajabali

Nrajabali Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Ca
    Full Name:
    Nizar
    Is their any adapter or some connection so I can play songs from my iPhone 6 to 2006 F430 HiFi sound system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Do you have a CD Changer? OR better - Do you care for the CD Changer.
    You can buy an aux cable that plugs in the back of the becker unit where the CD changer wire goes - Simple but it does require you taking the radio out - and making sure the cable comes out of the glovebox or somewhere.

I have a Belkin transmitter - Set to a preset station - and stream music thru that .. Works for me :)

3. Nrajabali

Nrajabali Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Ca
    Full Name:
    Nizar
    I have a CD changer. Any other solution without removing the radio?

4. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    Look on eBay for a FM transmitter. I bought myself a transmitter that plays wirelessly but charges at the same time so the iPod doesn't just die on me. They actually work really well, and of course, not as well as a hardwired set up, but give it a try.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes, but you still have to unplug the changer (which no one really uses anymore). Get the cable in the thread I referenced. You can reach up behind the radio from the drivers side foot well and unplug the changer and plug in the lightning cable. Even if you have big paws, removing the radio is not a big deal if you still have the tools that came with the car. If not, you can probably borrow them from another owner. Or just go to a car stereo shop which would have them....shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 minutes to unplug the changer and plug in the new cord.

6. Nrajabali

Nrajabali Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Ca
    Full Name:
    Nizar

Perfect. I will order the cable. Thanks a lot 😊

7. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Only problem is FM adapters are bandwidth limited...and on the already crappy stereos in 430s, this makes them sound even worse. I would get the lightning cable adapter, it is only $85.

8. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I use different apps to play music on my iphone as well .. This cable doesn't limit using "iTunes" only ..does it?
    I rather get an aux cable that plugs into the headset - and just have that plug into the back of the becker unit .. ideas?

9. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The cable referenced, does connect to the 3.5 headphone jack (other end into the aux in on the head unit), so anything you can hear w headphones you can hear though your cars stereo. Another method is to purchase a AD2P bluetooth module and plug the adapters plug into that (instead of your wireless device) - then you're wireless.

One caution on playing from your email enabled wireless device - sometimes you can hear email "chatter" (ie RF) from the device.

10. Nrajabali

Nrajabali Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Ca
    Full Name:
    Nizar

Which option I should choose for 2006 F430.

[​IMG]

11. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Let me know how it goes .. and send URL to purchase - as well as DIY w/ pics if possible. I am sure this will help out lot of FChatters.

12. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #13 f355spider, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    I have no idea which radio you have, but most have the Becker Cascade 6111 or 6112. It is up to you to determine that is what you have.
    You should have the radio code key (card) that came with the car....that will have the model number of the radio...so will the radio manual. This Becker radio manual is separate from the Ferrari owners manual.

13. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The link to the cable for most Becker radios is here:
    iL-BKR Apple Lightning Adapter for select Becker Radios :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces

Instructions for installing and programming your radio are there as well.
    Beyond that, all you need to do is reach up behind from the drivers foot well (to the back of the radio) and unplug the old cable and connect the new....shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to accomplish.

14. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    There is also a music streaming option called the tranzit HF blue that uses Bluetooth to stream music. No cable needed to the iPhone. If you're handy you can install it yourself or have a car audio store install it for you. The unit itself is cheap like 80 bucks on eBay. I installed one in my 360 and another in my wife's p-car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

15. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have one I can send you for free. Disconnect the CD changer and connect this into that port. A two minute job. Other end connects into the headphone jack. You can't control the iPhone from the unit so all music choices have to be done on the iPhone directly. PM me your address. I had the Ferrari infotainment system installed so I have no use for it anymore. And another Fchatter send it to me for free as well.

16. Nrajabali

Nrajabali Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Ca
    Full Name:
    Nizar

I had sent u PM with my address. Thanks 😊😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I prefer the cable, as it also charges the Iphone simultaneously, and leaves the cig lighter available for the girlfriends phone to charge or some other accessory. ;)

18. Nrajabali

Nrajabali Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Ca
    Full Name:
    Nizar

Hahaha 😀

19. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    woah....that did not come out right! Not what a meant to say....oh crap..digging hole deeper. :(

20. JDoggery

JDoggery Rookie

Nov 1, 2013
  21. Chrisnlbc

Chrisnlbc Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2015
    Huntington Beach
    Yes, but you have to get the better one to get a good sound quality. This is the one I have, works great and sounds amazing. Just make sure that your cable has power and can charge your Ipod/Phone etc before ordering, or it will not work.

Amazon.com: LAYEN® i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver Adapter. With aptX for Superior Sound Quality! Stream Music Wirelessly from your Phone / Tablet / iPod / PC etc to Docking Station, Speakers, Stereo, Bose, Pure, Gear4, Logic3, Klipsch, JBL etc!:

22. JDoggery

JDoggery Rookie

Nov 1, 2013
  23. Chrisnlbc

Chrisnlbc Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2015
    Huntington Beach
  24. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name: