Tires size recomendations | FerrariChat

Tires size recomendations

Discussion in '360/430' started by TheGeeMan, Mar 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheGeeMan

TheGeeMan Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Montreal , Canada
    Full Name:
    Eddy
    Looking into replacing tires on my 360 Modena, car is currently configured as following from previous owner: Front 255/40/R18 BF Goodrich and Back 275/40/R18 BF Goodrich... on original starfish wheels.

I really like the look of low profile and wide tires especially in back, I know there has been lots of treads on tires here but would like if anyone could chime in with there experiences with wider tires especially in back, I was thinking going 35 or wider if possible.

Thanks
    Eddy

2. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Putting a 255 on the OEM front rim is really going above and beyond the acceptable width I would have thought. 225 fine, 235 at a push, beyond that I would have thought you should not go.

You'd probably be best going for a 19" upgrade if you really want to go down this route of lower profile tyres. Bear in mind that the ride quality will be more harsh on low profile, also that the tyres and wheels will be more easily damaged. The stock 430 wheels are 19" and are a pretty well used option for the 360 and of course there are many after-market wheels available also. The discs and calipers can also look a little puny behind 19" rims so you might find yourself on the road to a BBK.

There are multiple threads available here so suggest you do some research.