Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 Tires? | FerrariChat

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 Tires?

Discussion in '360/430' started by colandreo, Mar 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colandreo

colandreo Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Brian Colandreo
    Hi Everyone:

Anyone run these tires on a 360. My original tires are old (11 years) and clearly dangerous. So I need to replace them and I read a lot of great review on these tires...but they always seem to be on 911s or Miatas involved in SCCA events. Anyone use them on the street on an F Car? Thanks.

Brian

2. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    lots of people have - you'll find threads on them. High performance, long lasting, work fine on the track.

3. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I do, my first track day is not until next week. They are great for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    To more specifically answer your question - there is no reason not to use them on the street.

5. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #5 Ron328, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Have a bit over 1k street miles to date on my RE-11s and like them so far. Whoever you order your tires from, make sure you get new tires, not NOS.

6. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I have almost 6K miles on them and plenty of thread left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I am running them on my scud; great for spirited driving.

8. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    I have them on my car. They wear very well, and are a good street tire. Based on my occupation, I have the pleasure of seeing a ton of tires in various conditions (dry, wet, snow, and race tracks) around the world. I would rate these average at best when it comes to track performance. So, if you are looking at a decent street tire they are an outstanding choice. If you want a Ultra High Performance Summer tire, there are better choices. Unfortunately, stock sizes for a 360 leave you slightly limited on choices.

9. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Have them on my F430 - good choice for the reasons already listed. There are other threads you could search discussing tire options and preferred suspension set-ups as well.

10. jtucker

jtucker Rookie

May 16, 2011
    I installed RE-11s on my 2004 360 and now have 10k miles on them (with approx. 2k left on the rears). They're absolutely fantastic tires. Incredible grip and they wear very well - a rare combination.

11. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Have them on my 360 . love them .

12. London

London Karting

Aug 29, 2009
    London
    Based on your experience, what is your ranking of tyres for the 360 in stock size (18")?

13. gecko911

gecko911 Rookie

Apr 7, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I think in stock size is just the Bridgestone available.

14. gecko911

gecko911 Rookie

Apr 7, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I think this is the only tire which is available in stock size.

15. London

London Karting

Aug 29, 2009
    London
    I'm pretty sure you can also have Pirellis in stock size! (that's what's on my car at the moment...)

16. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have them and love them too.
    My only complaint is that I lost a little on center feel with them compared to the Pirellis.
    Overall, they stick great and wear great. I highly recommend them.

17. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

Pirelli hasn't made a tire for the 360 in many years. You must have the old original equipment P Zero design. Not sure how long ago Pirelli disconintued them. Check the date codes on those things!

18. gecko911

gecko911 Rookie

Apr 7, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christian
    How old are your tires?

At the moment you don't get a Pirelli in 215 for the front

19. ModenaChallenge

Apr 26, 2015
    Hereford, UK
    Full Name:
    Gary
    another one here using them, no issues at all.

I did notice the N rated (for porsche) and F for ferrari's and made sure I paid a little more for the F rated ones, probbably the same tyre but just in case

20. London

London Karting

Aug 29, 2009
    London
    #20 London, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I bought new Pirelli 215s for the front earlier this year and their date stamp is 3914, so Sept last year, i.e. less than 6 months earlier. I also changed the rears at the beginning of last year and the date code was from the end of 2013 (can't remember the exact code).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. London

London Karting

Aug 29, 2009
    London
    Photo upload does not seem to work from my iPhone... You'll have to take my word for it (or wait until later tonight when I can try again in a different way...)

22. London

London Karting

Aug 29, 2009
    London
    See my other post... The fronts around 7 months, the rears around 1.5 years.

23. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski

London,
    What type of tire are you looking for? There are very few tires currently available for these cars right now. Many of them, including the Re-11 appear to be discontinued. If I was shopping right now I would probably look at a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 A/S for the street and a set of Pirelli Racing slicks for the track. I would look at the PS 3 AS only because it is a name brand tire in a new construction from a major manufacture. I don't like all season tires but a discontinued summer tire that has been sitting on a shelf for a couple years is practically useless. Unfortunately it is impossible to give feedback on the available tires without driving the available constructions. The reason is a model of tire should be developed for each individual car. Just because a tire is available in our size doesn't mean it will work on the car, especially in track conditions or Autobahn speeds. Sorry this doesn't give you a good answer, but there isn't a lot available to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski

Is this the P Zero system? I can not find this tire on Pirelli's website anymore. Pirelli's site doesn't appear to offer anything for the Modena now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    No one has mentioned the Hankook Vetnus V12. So far so good for me but only been a few hundred miles.