OEM Carbon Ceramic Brakes | FerrariChat

OEM Carbon Ceramic Brakes

Discussion in '360/430' started by mah_hai, Apr 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    I am looking into converting my car to CCB, except I will need pads.

Are there aftermarket options?

Will the 430 Challenge pads fit the OEM 430 CCB Calipers?

I cant find any information on this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Teachdocs

Teachdocs Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2012
    Kansas City area
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Not sure what you are asking.
    Converting a F430 to CCB involves replacing rotors, calipers, pads, and wheels.

It will be very expensive.
    Are you doing it for cosmetic reasons, performance, or both?

There are aftermarket pads, rotors, and calipers as well as wheels. Do you want OEM?

Try a search on Scud brake pads. There is quite a bit of info on aftermarket pads for the CCB. I have posted quite a bit on the subject.

Long story short-yes, there are aftermarket pads for OEM CCB. They will cost about $1800 for a full set compared to $4000 for OEM, but there are trade offs.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #3 tazandjan, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The OEM F430 wheels should work fine with the 380 mm F and 350 mm R OEM CCMs. At worst you might need a 10-15 mm spacer to clear the caliper on non-CCM wheels. Ferrari changed the master cylinder on the F430s with CCMs, but owners have made the brake change without the master cylinder change with good results

The two companies that offer aftermarket ceramic brakes for the F430 are Mov'It and Racing Brake. I have Mov'It CER ceramics on my 575M that I love and the Racing Brake packages also look very good. Expensive, but worth it, and much longer wearing than the CCM rotors.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks Taz! I am just getting OEM CCB them because I find the OEM steel system doesnt have enough bite and fades. They look awesome and I feel like my car deserves them!

I'm going to be doing some light tracking with the car, but besides that I also got a smoking deal on a set of CCB that were FS in the classifieds.

I was having a really hard time finding carbon pads. I ended up ordering a set of Endless 008, apparently they are more streetable

5. Teachdocs

Teachdocs Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2012
    Kansas City area
    Full Name:
    Chad
    You can find some good info and pics here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401739

Pagid RSC1 pads for the CCM rotors are a good compromise for street and track. They don't have as much I nitial cold bite as compared to OEM pads for the factory CCM rotors.

Hope this info helps. Good luck!

6. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks! Greatly appreciated!

7. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    #7 racingbrake, Apr 25, 2015
    The answer is yes.

All 360CS, F430, 430 Scud, 430 Challenge use the same calipers and pads (front and rear), except the rotor sizes:

360CS & F430 (rotor hats are of Stainless steel):
    Front: 380x34
    Rear: 350x34

430 Scud & 430 Challenge (rotor hats are of Aluminum)
    Front: 398x36
    Rear: 350x34
    Same CCM Discs except 430C w/Center Lock hub)

Along with our offer of CCM rotors, we have been in development of brake pads for CCM rotors especially for track racing - Based on numerous tests and comparison with OE and other aftermarket brands (including Pagid & Endless) within Nissan GT-R and Corvette ZR1 communities.

Tooling is being made for final track testing, and we expect an official release in about 8-10 weeks.

Please note our front pad is duly modified to OE configuration, where the excessive bottom overhang is eliminated.

Our lining height @77.5mm (vs. OE's 85mm), lighter and more efficient.

8. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    Thank you,

so I have OEM Ferrari 430 CCB Calipers, Rotors, and Endless 008 pads. Everything should work fine and I shouldnt need anything else for now. Is all I wanted to confirm :) Car is a 6 speed manual if that matters at all.

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You need different caliper bolts front and rear plus rear parking brake calipers and pads because of the thicker rotors.

10. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    Where can I get these from? I was thinking they were a direct swap the whole time.

Thanks in advance!

11. bldscud

bldscud Karting

Aug 19, 2011
    Washington DC Area
    This does not make sense to me. The Scud front rotors are bigger than the 430's. Thus, putting the same pads on the Scud as used on the 430 will leave some of the rotor uncovered by the pads on the Scud.

I found this to be the case with Pagid RSC1 pads on my Scud. They first sent me the pads for the 430. The breaking power was less than I had before replacing the pads. After looking into it more, I found that the Scud needed the larger pads used on the Challenge cars, not the 430 sized pads. After getting the right pads (the same size used for the Challenge cars), the pads covered the whole rotor and breaking power increased substantially.

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ricambi can provide the bolts and the parking brake calipers and pads. Racing Brake also has the caliper bolts in Grade 12.9.

13. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    #13 racingbrake, Apr 27, 2015
  14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Warren- You probably need a cheat sheet showing which of those bolts go with which calipers. I certainly have no clue what the lengths are, just the part numbers.

15. racingbrake

racingbrake Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2014
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren
    #15 racingbrake, Apr 29, 2015
    Terry- Here you go. For front caliper you need 90mm, and 100mm for the rear. Both can provide an optimal 20-22mm thread length engagement.

These recommended sizes are based on our actual fitment assembly as you see on pictures, which may or may not quite the same as Ferrari manual/dealers suggested, probably because we have more variety of length for a better fit.

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Warren- Thanks, that should help owners.

17. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    When you suggest the 100mm Rear vs the 105mm Rear OEM does the 5 mm make any difference at all ?

18. Joe6749

Joe6749 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Since the CCB rotors are so expensive, do they last virtually forever, or must they be replaced occasionally like standard rotors?