99 Modena F1 | FerrariChat

99 Modena F1

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by English Rebel, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I'm putting out feelers to see if there is any interest in purchasing my car. I'm thinking of moving on to an Aston Martin Vantage and can trade my car but would like it to go to a fellow FChatter.
    1999 Modena F1 29k miles Fiorano Rosso with beige interior. All services complete -- going in for replacement of the cam seals, cam belts and other belts next week. Already had the transmission heat exchanger replaced as a precautionary measure (have original for inspection). Clutch replaced at 21K miles so about 90% left. Recent engine oil and filter replaced, pollen and air cleaners replaced, transmission fluid replaced with screen cleaned, coolant replaced, brake fluid replaced.
    Car runs and drives great and is in excellent condition. Challenge front and rear grilles, Carbonio shift paddles, CS TCU upgrade. Spare wheel factory option, leather headlining, after market BlueTooth head unit and upgraded speakers (original Becker available). No paint issues or dash shrinkage. Usual wear for a 16 year old car with some stone chips. Protective film on wheel arches, mirrors and headlights.
    PPI welcomed.
    PM me if interested and I will send photos.
    Thanks
    Alan

2. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    if only you would have been thinking about this a month ago....I would have been all over your this!

3. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Say it ain't so Alan. Say it ain't so.

4. freaky1

freaky1 Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good luck with the sale.

Personally, I could only do this for a V12 Vantage though!

5. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You are a year late my friend.

6. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll trade you a yellow one. LOL

7. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I've had a lot of fun with it and at my age (70) there are more cars I want to own and the Aston Martin is one of them.
    Alan

8. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    :)
    Alan

9. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I haven't driven the V12 but the sound of that V8 is so gorgeous -- and I thought Ferraris sounded good.
    Alan

10. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #10 English Rebel, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I forgot to add that it comes with all the books, a set of three fobs, two keys, car cover with seat covers in a tote, factory jack kit, factory tool kit. The car has an almost new set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires. I have the full service history in a binder with all receipts and I'll throw in three Forza back issues on the 360 as well as a hardbound book on its history. Oh, and it has electric seats, an exhaust bypass system with remote control, LED turn signals, side lights, and brake lights from Steph. What is doesn't have are pre-cats. :)
    Alan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've owned a V8V and a V12V. My advice to you is get the V12V if you can afford it (which I believe you can given the value of the 360). The driving experience is night and day different and the V12 sounds glorious! Every car guy should own a V12 at one point in his life. Regardless, get a manual transmission. Aston's automated manuals are just not that great.

12. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I have a manual V8V and think its wonderful. The sounds are magical, the road manners are fantastic.

13. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Daniel
    I didn't know that Aston Martins came with jerry cans and four wheel drive. :)
    Alan

14. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Alan,
    Maybe your front picture is outdated - the front grill on that picture is the standard egg-crate grill and not the front challenge grill... Also, not sure, but the side picture in the classified section seem to indicate that the shields are not recessed, i.e. aftermarket... Regardless, looks like a nice and clean car for the money - amazing the amount of car you can get for the money with a 360.

I considered a Vantage for a while and would still like one some day, particular a 3-pedal V12 :)
    GLWS,
    Jes

15. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

... plus a rifle rack at the passenger seat, and 9800# recovery winch. David Brown thought of everything.

16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Alan, I'm sure you'll miss the 360. Aston V8V was a contender on the daily driver list.. very nice car!

17. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

I've heard good reports of reliability on Astons, but I'm afraid I've heard a greater number of bad reports.
    Each to his own - And that's from a Britt.

18. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    A friend of mine bought a V8 vantage new... Keep the car for only one year and it spent about 6 months of that time in the shop!!! Nothing but problems!!!

19. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Jes
    Yes that is an out of date front shot -- it does now have the Challenge grilles. The shields are not factory but are not the cheap stick on plastic either they are the metal enamel badges.
    Alan

20. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Both my Astons were reliable. I had a few minor issues in my 4+ years of ownership, but nothing too significant. In my opinion, their reputation for unreliability is in part due to the American perception that all British cars are unreliable.

21. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Understood. I have a hard time staying faithful as well.

22. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I've been having naughty thoughts lately too... Wondering if it'll pass.

23. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Alan came by Ricambi America today and took my V8V for a rip around town. He took off with my owners manual, so maybe the switch from Italian to British is closer than we think!

24. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Daniel
    Depends whether mine gets sold. Loved your car -- beautiful color combination -- dark blue (TDF) and a Cuoio interior and that exhaust note is to die for. :) Deal with Steve is a no go - he wants too much.
    Alan

25. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I forgot to mention that my car has LoJack fitted (although most car thieves probably wouldn't know how to start it). :)
    Alan