Well, this sucks... vandals.. | FerrariChat

Well, this sucks... vandals..

Discussion in '360/430' started by Roadking80134, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roadking80134

Roadking80134 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    #1 Roadking80134, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Sorry that really sucks... where did this happen?

As a new owner thats one of my biggest fears! Took the wife out to dinner tonight with the F430 and not gonna lie... it was tough to enjoy it when I spent 90% of the time stressing about the car out in the parking lot... I was half tempted to get up in the middle of dinner and go check on her!

Don't think I'll be doing many outings where I have to park in public in the F430 out of paranoia...

3. Roadking80134

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Upscale area of Houston burb.. The Woodlands. New mixed residential/retail area called Hughes Landing. Broad daylight in front of a Starbucks. Which I wasn't in, unfortunately. Police said they've had some problems with construction workers lately. Businesses missing TVs, etc. Hmmm... Wonder if the INS has payed a visit to the jobsite lately..

Rick

4. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Sorry for ur loss, like u say not a big deal but it's a PITA. Sad but the fact is u can never leave any exotic unattended not even for 5 mins there's always that 1% of lowlifes and it's a universal problem, my car never leaves my sight when im out. I'll stop for spesso shot and when I stop if I can't see my car i'll keep goin as for dining out no way i'll take my lappy.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  6. kommons

kommons Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I find it interesting the police would think that's the source of their crime. I would bet it's some younger, wealthy kids. Kids whose family already owns ferraris. Telling by the clean way that was removed. If someone without experience did it, there would be dents and scratches all over.

7. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Sorry to hear mate

This is why I refuse to leave my F anywhere except my garage...

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Like it's going to look real on a Honda Accord or worse.. on one of those silver chain necklaces!

If that's all the damage, you got off lucky!

I don't know if I would replace it. I might be nice flying under the radar as "Porsche". :)

9. jackgt

jackgt Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2015
    california
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I am going to forward this to my wife. We have been vandal free so far, but she likes to take them to the store.

10. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I quit taking mine out at night years ago. It's no fun. Uber

11. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well at least they took it off cleanly. No harm done except to your pride. This is also why I don't like to leave either of my Fcars unattended for more than a few minutes. I will show this to my wife as well. Now she will understand my reasoning.

12. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    To the OP.. Wow ..Third world problems. I hope u have a decent meal to eat today w/ that damaged ferrari... Haha jk that really sucks.. At least that's an easy fix.. Don't even stress..usually ppl do worse..U got it ez forealz. Good luck with your hardships :)

13. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Scum - same here in the UK its happened to me with Porsches, you can have nothing.

Its a fear we all live with when you dare to be different.

14. 4ROARE

4ROARE Karting

Apr 15, 2012
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Martin
    When I got my first (and only) Ferrari 2 and 1/2 years ago I told myself that I was not going to drive it scared, and by extension not park it scared either! There's no fun in being apprehensive and I bought mine to have fun. While I'd encourage everybody to be realistically prudent with your valuable car I'd also suggest that you let go a little... don't stress over what could go wrong.

15. Alleykat

Alleykat Karting

Apr 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Woodlands,in front of Starbucks - gotta be some spoiled brat with nothing better to do.

16. LV360

LV360 Karting

May 1, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yep, you're probably more likely to get into an accident driving it than have it vandalized while parked.

Even on this site, vandalism threads are pretty damn rare. I think refusing to ever leave it parked anywhere is a bit extreme.

17. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

That sort of vandalism is usually punk kids and will happen to any nice car, not just Ferraris. Anyone with a history of nice cars has probably had hub cabs stolen or badges defaced at some point.

The rare, but worse, vandalism is that which is specific to exotics. Drunk people jumping on the car to take a picture, resentful lowlife smashing in something, etc. Much less frequent and unlikely to happen in the situation you were parked in. That sort of vandalism happens when you take the car to big city at night.

18. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Agree... as a brand new owner don't think I'll be doing many more outings involving public parking unfortunately...

19. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    That sucks!!! These kind of things belong to the past, when back in the day they used to steal the Mercedes emblems. You would think that they don't do that anymore and especially on a Ferrari.
    It could have been much worse and they didn't damage your car further. Btw. did your alarm go off?

20. Roadking80134

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Thanks guys, yes.. in the grand scheme of life, if that's my biggest problem of the day, my life is pretty damn good. Wasn't as expensive to replace as I thought. Local F dealer had one in stock.

21. Austin99

Austin99 Rookie

Dec 7, 2011
    Don't post much but you couldn't have said this any better. To be honest, most "high end" car owners who post on these forums can be super annoying when it comes either watching their car at all times or driving it only in perfect conditions.

NoKidsNeedFerrari likes this.
  22. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    +1 it looks like a real clean take-off, like the person knew how to remove it, some "clever" punk...

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You got off lucky.

Replace it and forget it. Don't let them win.

24. vegas

vegas Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Australia
    Usually (in Australia) Starbucks have security cameras inside, sometimes viewing outside through shop front window/entrance. I suppose the police checked that? Would love the jealous prick to get caught.

Good luck mate!

25. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    $hi! happens... Just replace it - Karma will take care of the rest :)