Ideal Bridgestone RE11 Tire Pressures? | FerrariChat

Ideal Bridgestone RE11 Tire Pressures?

Discussion in '360/430' started by bob224, Apr 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bob224

bob224 Karting

Nov 6, 2013
    Australia
    What's consensus on ideal front/rear pressures on stock wheels/setup for fast street use?

Only post I could find was 430 related indicating 36/40 psi front/rear (cold) which is a lot higher than pressures identified in owner's manual: Bridgestone re11 tire pressure - FerrariChat.com

2. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    34/36 works for good wear on the street. Cold/hot isn't going to make as much of a difference on the street.

3. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Run mine at 29.5 front and rear. Don't track the car but a lot of hard driving on some tough mountain roads. I raise the pressure to 32 for long trips of mostly freeway driving. Worked fine for me. Great handling, even tread wear. About 13K miles on the rears and they will go another 2-3K before requiring replacement.

Cheers, Andy

4. bob224

bob224 Karting

Nov 6, 2013
    Australia
    Bump.

No consensus amongst these pressures.

Other experiences?

5. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I know I already put in my cents... But frankly... It's really not going to matter much. The tire wear won't likely out pace the tire aging.

6. bob224

bob224 Karting

Nov 6, 2013
    Australia
    Agreed. Not interested in tire wear, more interested in straight grip/handling for fast road use.

I'm running 34/36 as per your suggestions currently (thanks), these are closer to F430GT's pressures (he was well respected on all things handling during his tenure here). So far so good.

7. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    As posted earlier; "owner's manual says 26 front 28 rear", usually you go by what the car manufacturer says, the car was engineered and tested with those numbers in mind for the street, not what it says on the side of a tire, race situations and track time is different....so I've been told.

8. bob224

bob224 Karting

Nov 6, 2013
    Australia
    My owner's manual refers to the only Bridgestone tire, Potenza S02A at 29psi front & rear. Being a different tire unsure who this would relate to RE-11s?

Similarly, 26/28psi relates to Michelin Pilot Sport going by the manual.

9. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    my .02

on my Stradale, when I ran air at 36 in the back... when running thru the gears HARD, I found the traction control kicked in between first and second gear.... car RPM's would slightly hesitate, very noticeably, falls flat....

when I lowered the air in the rear too around 28-29 that problem went away...

curious if anyone has noticed the same?

10. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    The other weekend, I got traction control at around 90mph in fourth with trofeos straight and dry... But don't need to reduce tire pressures to fix that "problem" :)

11. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ive been running 34/36 on RE-11's for about 2 years. Ive lowered the pressure to 29 and I'm going to see if I can tell the difference tonight if it doesn't rain.

12. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    "While a wide variety of tire sizes are available to fit the many different vehicles in use today, almost every tire size can be used on more than one vehicle. Therefore it is the vehicle manufacturers that ultimately determine the tire inflation pressures they believe best fine-tune the tires' capabilities to their specific vehicle makes and models.

The pounds per square inch (psi) pressure number branded on the tire's sidewall identifies the maximum cold inflation pressure that specific tire is rated to hold. However, the tire's maximum pressure is not necessarily the correct pressure for every vehicle upon which the tire can be used (almost all vehicle manufacturers' recommended tire inflation pressures are less than the tires' maximum pressure).

Therefore when checking and adjusting tire inflation pressures, the "right" inflation pressures are those provided by the vehicle manufacturer, not the "maximum" inflation pressure branded on the tire's sidewall. The vehicle manufacturer's pressure recommendation can be found on the vehicle's tire information placard label, as well as in the vehicle owner's manual."

Tire Tech Information - Checking Tire Inflation Pressure

13. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #14 Kevin Rev'n, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ