Most Recent addition to the Stable | FerrariChat

Most Recent addition to the Stable

Discussion in '360/430' started by sunir, May 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    #1 sunir, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well it's not a Ferrari but it's a nice compliment to my Black on black stick shift F430! Among some exciting moments in life one of them can be seeing an anticipated new car come off a transporter. Earlier this year I took delivery of my 2014 LP560-2 Anniversario Limited Edizione which I had been trying to find the right one since they were newly released in 2014 with filled allocations going to U.S. owners.

My car was basically a brand new example with only a couple of thousand miles, and one initial break in service properly documented and logged by Lamborghini dealer as per service history documentation. Also included were all books, purchase records, accessories, warranties, and paperwork.

I put well over a thousand miles on the car already; when I first got it I reached for the keys often and kept driving her, leaving the other stable mates dormant. I love the fact that this is the last 6 speed manual Lamborghini ever to be made and a 560-LP car and rear wheel drive, makes the car very special since it's also the last Italian supercar with a stick shift gearbox, and I think that combined with its lightweight chassis, styling, striking Bianco Opalis special white paint specifically and only made for the Anniversary edition, and the red-diamond q-citura red stitched full black alcantera/suede interior all contribute to the experience of the car. What Lamborghini have essentially done is taken the interior of a Super Trofeo Stradale and styling cues of a Superleggera combined it with the engine of a 560 and the driveline of a stick shift rear wheel drive Balboni Edtion, and it all works so well together!

There were 100 of these cars built worldwide. Of those 100 only 30 were the rare 6 speed stick shift manual transmissions slated by Lamborghini to be the final stick shift cars ever. Of those 30, only 25 allocations were for the USA and those were all stick shift cars, with already very few LP cars made equipped with sticks, these 25 cars would round out the last Gallardos built with very late model serial numbers. Mine was one of the very last Gallardos built w serial number in 139xx range and 1 of the 25 that were allocated for American shores. I hope to enjoy driving, owning, and sharing the car at shows and events for years to come. Here are some pics taken by my friend and pro photographer Chris Walsh.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    congrats beautiful bull enjoy in good health

3. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Major congrats! She is beautiful - and combined with your 6-speed F430, you have a heck of a stable!

4. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Ballin' outta control Sunir! Let's hear it .. which one is better :D

5. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    NA, Manual, RWD... whats not to love.

6. djjvr

djjvr Karting

Aug 16, 2014
    SFO/SAC/CPH
    Wow, certainly a great compliment to your garage. I absolutely love that interior!

7. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Hi Sunir.
    The pictures are beautiful but in person takes it to another level.
    She a masterpiece and use her in good health
    When you gonna take me for a spin ??
    PS You missed a great show last weekend
    Regards
    Glenn

8. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Lol ... They are both very different .... The Lambo has some great torque and a slightly deeper raspier howl of the V10 while the Ferrari is a high pitch banshee whale! Both are equally stuff and uncomfortable long distance cars, my Aston DB9 with the V12 and also 6 speed stick shift is better duty for that. They both have the sublime gated shifter, carbon seats, and feels planted, the Lambo gets more attention while the F gets more thumbs ups and smiles. Clutch is great on both cars, Lambo is slightly less stiffer and runs through the gates slightly easier. Neither are hard cars to drive, but take a good driver to drive fast and get the most out of. Both have excellent performance ranges and driver feedback. Neither are as fast or quick as my Porsche GT2 original eurospec "widow-maker", also 6 spd stickshift and rear wheel drive with the epic twin turbo metzger engine, which I will describe with just one word... Violent.

9. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Enjoy to the fullest man ... Looks Awesome.

10. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Looks good...congrats!

11. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Hi Glenn yeah I heard the Ferrari event was nice and Simeone museum is always a treat! My Aston Martin was there in the spring of 2013 for just over a month as part of the Aston Martin centennial exhibit they hosted for marque selection Best of Britian theme - 100 years of Aston Martin. I really enjoyed talking with Dr. Fred Simeone, what a knowledgable and great guy, truly a great enthusiast.

We gotta talk about carbon fiber please get back to me as soon as you can, another couple of makers have been in talks with me about products. Thanks Glenn always a pleasure.

12. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    May I commend you, Sir, on the diverse range of cars in your collection. It looks like you have all of the bases covered for various different driving experiences. You sound like an all around enthusiast that appreciates all sorts of machines for what they are.

Congratulations on the new addition, and on the impressive stable it joined.

13. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    ^^^ thank you very much and everyone for the kind words, insights, questions and comments everyone.

I like to collect examples which are limited production, have something unique or specific to them, like final edition gated manual transmission, or limited homologation examples etc. Most of my cars are rear wheel drive with manual transmissions, to me the format exemplifies what a collectible sports car or race car should feel like, the main point being how does the car connect with the driver, what makes driving the car special, and how to hold on to that basic-ness of simple traditional no frills driving and the associated sounds and experiences. Even my race car a BMW CSL lightweight (1 of 120) is basic manual transmission with a short ratio gearbox, and 3.73 rear end gearing. This car is epic to drive and just feels right on the circuit. One day I will move to paddle shift cars and start adding those. My next goal is to add a Challenge Stradale and 458 Speciale.

14. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    At some point I'd like to do a review with the Lambo LP560-2, Porsche GT2, and Ferrari F430...each are stick shift and rear wheel drive...I think it'd be kinda cool to see the differences in each. They all have their own "personalities" that's for sure!

15. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Congrats man. Can't wait to see it aroun the area.

16. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Sunir, while I wouldn't say the F430 or Gallardo are my favorites, you have 2 examples which uniqueness puts them strongly in the -would love to own- category.

Congrats!

17. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Thank you James, what are some of your favorites? Part of what makes this enthusiast/collecting hobby great is to find out what others enjoy as well.

18. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Beautiful car!!! White is THE colour for any mid engined Lamborghini in my opinion. Enjoy!!!

19. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Oh yes. Very nice.

20. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Not a Lambo fan but... Beautiful car ;)

21. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    nice pick up!

22. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    very pretty mate !!!!!

23. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Awesome, happy for you Sunir.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I like RWD Gallardos. There... I feel better now that that's out in the open...

:)

24. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    Congrats, it's beautiful...I'd been eyeing a similar, but a 2012, one at Lamborghini Houston. I was too slow to commit and it was sold before I made a move. I'd be interested in a review after you've had a chance to enjoy it a bit.

25. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa