Thoughts on 2004 360 Spider - manual | FerrariChat

Thoughts on 2004 360 Spider - manual

Discussion in '360/430' started by RossoNero, May 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoNero

RossoNero Karting

Sep 7, 2012
    JHB, South Africa
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Good afternoon gents,

Every 2 years, our local Ferrari Owners Club hosts a fantastic week-long trip down the coast of South Africa.

I am looking to buy a second car so that my brother can join me on the trip as a driver rather than as a passenger. I would like to get something that he will enjoy, that we can sell relatively easily afterwards, and that will be thrilling but also reliable for 2000km worth of spirited driving over a week.

I have found a lovely looking manual 360 Spider, 2004 model, with 27k miles on the clock(link here: 2004 Ferrari 360 Spider M )

I drove her, and everything seems sound. She battled to get into 2nd gear when she was cold, but this improved somewhat as she got warmer. Is this normal?

Any other serious issues to look for? Thoughts?

Thanks a mill,

Henry

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It's normal to a degree...
    Gear Oil change with appropriate oil may help or search on here for the Hill Shifter Bushing.
    Hopefully the car will improve with these easy to do tasks.

All the regular stuff,
    Make sure that all services are current...
    Age of tires...
    Positive Alternator cable at alternator connection should not be overly corroded.
    Others with convertible experience should have some suggestions...

Let me know if you want to adopt another brother! I come with my own Ferrari already! :)

3. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    A friend and I both own the same year models...both finicky getting into 2nd when cold...common...I have the Hill bushing, proper transaxle oil, etc. just part of the Ferrari car...shifts fine when warm Read buying a 360 at the top of our section and follow the recommended points...

4. RossoNero

RossoNero Karting

Sep 7, 2012
    JHB, South Africa
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Thanks for the respones gents, much appreciated!

If I had actually used my eyes, I would have spotted the sticky thread on buying a used 360 (duh!).