Colors | FerrariChat

Colors

Discussion in '360/430' started by FL410guy, May 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FL410guy

FL410guy Karting

Apr 18, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale
    In the market for an f430.....

Looking for some advice:

Rosso Corsa, OR Nero?

Everything being equal.... Which one and why?

(I've owned a black Aston Martin- and I loved it .... But am looking for guidance)

Thanks in advance,

Fl410

2. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    I had a Nero spider and I currently have a Rosso Corsa coupe. The red is certainly a lot more noticeable, I think it compliments the lines of the car well and it's the color a Ferrari "should be" according to friends :)

Plus they call it resale red for a reason.

3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I had a Nero / Nero 430 spider and loved it because everyone else's car was red. I just traded for a Nero/ Nero 458 spider. Be different bro and don't let the color scare you. Plus the lines on the car in Nero are gorgeous. Red is dead and black is back bro !

4. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    I Personally would chose only black or red..

5. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    Certainly red will stand out a lot more and get more attention, whereas black is more discreet and can blend in a little better. It does depend on how much you want to stand out.

Not to complicate matters, but I think the F430 looks fantastic in all the metallic colors. In my opinion the metallic paints really highlight the lines of the 430 well.

I would suggest trying to see an F430 in person in the colors you are interested in, as pictures won't do the car or color justice.

6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
  7. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Rosso or Giallo ;)

8. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Pure personal preference. Pick whichever one makes your heart race.

9. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Pink with purple polka dots

10. Slickhillsy

Slickhillsy Karting

Aug 22, 2012
    #10 Slickhillsy, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've had 3 Red Fezza's just bought a 4th (Scuderia) and decided on a change so went for black. If I'm honest I struggled for a while with it not being Red (as I LOVE the Red) but now think the black has a coolness and class the Red cant match.

If you want to wave the Ferrari flag - has to be red

If you want to own a Ferrari, less flag waving and appreciate in a variety of ways - go for black
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I had a pearl yellow lambo, way to much attention, bought a black f430.. Chose black over red,being I didn't want the car to stand out again and I think they look great in black... Another nice color..I think is the gun metal.. Sorry I don't know ferrari's name for the color.. But I think it shows off the lines and still looks different then all the red cars out there...

12. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
  13. wrcimprezza

wrcimprezza Karting

Apr 26, 2011
    As already stated the Grigio Silverstone is rare and very classy, Nero is cool and shows that you stand out from the crowd, Rosso says you go with convention, Mirabeau and TDF are just gorgeous, Giallo says you have a tiny pecker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. FL410guy

FL410guy Karting

Apr 18, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.... All great info

15. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Hey, sometimes a cucumber is, er, just a cucumber.

16. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I'm probably the ultimate outlier, but here goes: in my mind, every time I see a newer red Ferrari, I can't help thinking that yet another person has borrowed the same car that I just saw someone else driving a while ago. On my first visit to Maranello, in 1982, most of the cars on the assembly line and in the outdoor parking area were Rosso Corsa. Thankfully, today there is a much wider palette apparent, and many models are actually debuted in non-red colors. I am also hopelessly biased on the question of color: I own a 246 GT, an F430 Spider and a 458 Spider, which are Blu Sera, TdF and TdF, respectively. Is there such a thing as Blu Corsa Metallizzato, I wonder? Fred

17. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yeah, I hate it when I walk out to the parking lot and have a hard time finding my corsa F430 amongst the sea of identical cars.

18. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I own a black/tan f430 spider and love the color combination. Tan daytona seats with black inserts, tan dash, and carbon fiber upper/lower driving zone just pops!

19. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Rosso all day .. It's a Ferrari :D

20. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Rosso corsa all day long.

21. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#21 Cigarzman, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    Rosso. Something about Rosso on Nero:)

Attached Files:

23. FL410guy

FL410guy Karting

Apr 18, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale
    Insanely beautiful

24. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Rosso and Nero are both great colors. I like Rosso. But then, for some strange reason my nickname in high school was "Red". No red hair, no communistic tendencies.... A recent (2014) study where Researchers at the University of Rochester joined forces with Trnava University in Slovakia and the Slovak Academy of Sciences found that women viewed other women dressed in red to be a sexual threat. So, it begs the question. If you are driving down the road in your Rosso Ferrari and you pass a yellow Lambo, is the Lambo intimidated?

25. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I went Nero Daytona (black metalic) All the beauty of black with added highlights under bright lights and sunshine. It is also more forgiving when it comes to keeping it swirl free.