Ferrari 360 Central Locking & Window issue | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Central Locking & Window issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by Geo2001, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Geo2001

Geo2001 Rookie

Mar 5, 2014
    Hi all,

I have an 03 Spider that has recently developed quite an annoying issue with the door locks and windows.

Periodically the central locking will operate constantly locking and unlocking and the only thing that will stop it is holding on to the flap on the door panel inside. Once it stops it then won't operate off the key fob. When this happens the windows become inoperable too.

Any ideas?

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Check the tension on the rod on the inner door handles. If you pull up on the back of the armrests on the doors, you can see a treaded rod that operates the door locks. If this is too tight the car could try to constantly lock or unlock the doors. Alternatively, a door lock unit could be bad.

Batteries in the fob good? Battery in the car good?

3. Geo2001

Geo2001 Rookie

Mar 5, 2014
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Handles not too tight. Checked that already. Battery in both mentioned all ok. Has happened a few times sporadically in a 6 month period. Windows always stop working at same time. Tried lock ecu to no avail

4. gre727

gre727 Rookie

Nov 11, 2014
    Oh. USA
    Full Name:
    GRE
    My 2001 Spider did the very same thing when the door latch/cable got stuck. On mine, the latch mechanism (because of a sticking cable) stuck in the 1/2 way position between latched and unlatched. It became "confused" as to its state and would go through about 6 to 10 attempts at auto locking/unlocking before stopping.

5. hondar

hondar Rookie

Apr 25, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have a similar problem with my 2001 Modena. It's going to the garage next Wednesday to be fixed.