Spider Top Replacement | FerrariChat

Spider Top Replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mel Spillman, Jun 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Looking at replacing my 360 spider top. Any recommendations other than spending $15K for factory top? Thanks

2. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
  3. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Thanks, Dave.

4. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  5. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    I used this company for my 1973 Eldorado Convertible and the quality was very good. They sell a Ferrari 360 and 430 kits with all the elastic straps and cables for 2699.00 USD.

6. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Which company Bigilo?

7. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    There web site is convertibletopguys.com

8. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    If your in southern California there's a company that does the whole top custom made to factory specs for about 2250 installed. Not bad if you ask me. And looks factory too.

9. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    What company would that be? Please share info with us.

10. redspyder

redspyder Karting

Jul 10, 2012
    california
    Full Name:
    Steve Landaker
    Who's the Company?
    THANKS

11. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Sorry for not seeing this post.

the company is called
    Rich and Famous in Van Nuys, CA

My canvas had wholes on top and the rear screen was turning yellow.
    They re-did my top canvas in one week. They remove your old one and remake it to spec and install it. I'm not sure I got wholesale pricing as I went through a body shop but was about 2250 installed. So far 1 year and no problem with it.

12. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    If you're in LA, I recommend Prestige Upholstery, or Harry's Auto Tops in West LA, across from BH Ferrari

13. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    That's a great price

14. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I have been researching this with a view toward replacing my top within the next year. Here's a few bullets on what I've found out:

-The overwhelming choice for a replacement top is one made by GAHH. I got this from several installers, including the one Ferrari of San Diego uses. The GAHH top comes with new cables and springs sewn in and new elastic straps. (There are six elastic straps, which are critical to proper operation - good pics of these in the workshop manual)

-Prices are all over the place, even for the same item. The range I have seen is $1800 - $3500. I found eight manufactures who fabricate the top. There are probably more since the pattern is out there. According to my installer, some are truly junk and about impossible to install. So beware the $1600 Ebay special. (I queried five Ebay sellers and only one would provide the manufacturers name.)

-Cabrioworld, a site sponsor, has the best price for a GAHH top that I found at $2003.00. By contrast, Convertible Top guys sells for $2700 and Duetto Motors is $2900.

-Figure 10-12 hours labor for the installation, so about $1000 in these parts. This from the top manufacturer and several installers.

-After I get this done, I'll take the car to the shop to thoroughly ring out the top and verify proper operation. This seems like the thing to do since you have just changed a lot of the forces working on this, e.g. cables, springs, elastic straps and new fabric.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Andy