Considering a Pizzi blue/tan purchase | FerrariChat

Considering a Pizzi blue/tan purchase

Discussion in '360/430' started by Zippy2015, Jun 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zippy2015

Zippy2015 Rookie

Jun 28, 2015
    Maplewood NJ
    Full Name:
    Greg Calabro
    Thoughts on the color?

2. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    #2 Wisky, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Thumbs up for the specific F40.

4. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    I found my friend a Pozzi Blue. With tan... A beautiful combination on a 430. He didn't want the common Red or the Common Black. ... He gets compliments all the time ... Great choice, just hard to find
    Mark

5. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Agree. Pretty color but the market doesn't seem to like blue Ferraris as much. If you buy, make sure your purchase price reflects this.

6. forzatifosi

forzatifosi Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    J
    i like pozzi a lot...pictures don't really do it justice...very rare on a 430..mostly see TDF or Scuro

7. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #7 galt, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Nonsense. The market is saturated with Red Ferrari's. Those same people who pay sometimes 20-30K over for optional colors also want non-red cars when they go pre-owned. Only problem is there are very few cars to choose from. For many buyers red is not an option at all. The guy who painted his f40 Blu Pozzi did not do it for free--and would most probably have been willing to pay fair or over for an already Blu Pozzi car vs buying a red one and going through the considerable cost and hassle of repainting it.

Buy the color you like. If it happens to be Blu Pozzi (or another historical color) you know that when you sell you will probably have one of the few or the only one in that color on the market.

8. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I was looking at an 06 in this colour when I was looking to get an F430. Couldn't make the deal and so I ended up with a nero 07 instead. The blue car I was looking at was in Chicago in 2014.

9. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I was also looking at the Pozzi Blue car at Chicago Motor Cars and like yourself, decided on a Nero car instead.

10. LOLAF1RACER

LOLAF1RACER Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #10 LOLAF1RACER, Jun 29, 2015
  11. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nonsense? Despite the market being "saturated" with red Ferraris, red ones always sell at the top end of the market. There's a reason they call it "resale red." Maybe some people like different colors and are willing to pay a premium for them, but they are in the minority, meaning your pool of potential buyers is a lot smaller.

I agree the OP should buy what he likes, but, unless he knows for certain he'll keep the car forever, he should at least consider the marketability of what he is considering buying.

12. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #12 galt, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    There is a broad misunderstanding of where the term "resale red" comes from. I mistakenly thought it meant what you are implying above--but was corrected (on another forum) by someone with far more knowledge than I on the history of the term.

Apparently, it came into use in the late 80s when exotic car prices were taking off. Newbie Ferrari buyers wanted red. However, the problem is that often older Ferraris--especially the older 2+2s were hardly ever produced in Red.

The story is much different today. Look for yourself in the cars.com or autotrader. It is a sea of red. Even if it is true that lots of people like red--there is no shortage of red cars available. As such the term "resale red" IE people repainting their Ferrari's red to meet demand does not happen in the way it did when the term was coined. In fact today you are probably more likely to find someone who buys a red car and repaints it (as in Chris Evans cars, the aqua blue and blu Pozzi f40s).

Finally, from a negotiation perspective--I would much rather be trying to buy a car of a color where there are 15 more available..wouldn't you!? Excess supply helps a buyer in almost all cases.

Also to be considered--color preferences are often fads. Matte is popular today but will it be tomorrow when you want to sell? Who knows.. Buy what you like...

13. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Love this one...what is the interior color?

14. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    #14 mtmilam, Jun 29, 2015
    I think most people's first Ferrari wish is RED....I mean every kid wanted a Red Ferrari...its the top of the food Chain...but after you've owned a Red one, and been in the Parking lot of 50 Red Ferrari's...it gets kind of old, and the other colors start to stand out more.......Hence my First was a Red 328....my Second is a Grigio Alloy 430 ...and I LOVE the color, I get more compliments than on my Red one.....just saying...But saying "Red Ferrari" sounds so good :D

Also, my Friends blue Pozzi 430
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The first car is California Azul

16. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Why not one Red and your second Ferrari be any color under the sun. ;)

17. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
  18. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bottom line: red sells faster and for more money than other colors. Also, red isn't a "fad" as far as Ferraris go.

19. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #19 galt, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    If I own a red car and there are 15 other red ones for sale... Bottom Line: I will have to compete hard on price if I want my car to sell over the other 15 red cars...

Agree though that lots of people like red.. That is why there are so many of them! Ferrari does not charge more for it to everyone who orders and wants red gets it! On that point, to argue red is always better for resale also implies that the relative balance of red buyers vs other colors grows over time as a car becomes older. Seems far fetched.

20. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That sounds like sound logic, but the market says otherwise. The facts are the facts. As an example, when I shopped for my scud, blue cars were selling for at least a $20k discount to red ones. They also didn't sell quickly.

21. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    sounds like empirical evidence not fact... ...on a different model with a different (wider?) production color distribution... just sayin.

22. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #22 galt, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    +1

Not sure how a one size fits all rule like that could be true for all models and all years. Just has to depend on the supply and demand situation of a specific model. Also some cars just don't look great in certain colors...

23. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    This picture has been my desktop for a while now. Sucks the artist couldn't get the "f40" on the rear spoiler but probably my favorite picture of Blu Pozzi.

I've loved this color since I've seen it in person on a 360. I'm happy to see that it wears well on the newer models - I say go for it.

24. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Do whatever turns your screw. If you love it you love it. Drive it for fun and enjoy every minute .
    But please don't listen to some of this advice that blue will in some way be an easy resale. It won't. Ferrari buyers - like you - are extremely picky. And history bears out that rare colours are slow resale movers. Discount it before you buy

25. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Call it whatever you want. Red does better on resale for a Ferrari.

OP: Again, buy what makes you happy but keep in mind the impact of the color you choose on resale if you think you'll one day sell. Good luck!