Oil Variator Solenoid | FerrariChat

Oil Variator Solenoid

Discussion in '360/430' started by 426rodder, Jul 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 426rodder

426rodder Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Ontario, California
    Full Name:
    William W Holbrook
    Hey Guys, I took my 2007 F430 15K miles in for some top repair but upon the inspection they indicated that one of the Oil Variator Solenoids was leaking. Supposedly this can lead to oil leaking into the wiring harness creating codes, etc.Is this a common problem? Should all 4 be replaced? What is the Ferrari part number? Who do you recommend for repair in SB County? Should the issue be addressed immediately- dealer says no worry at this time.Your thoughts?

2. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    U.S. Dealer list is $1024.47, buy it at eurospares.co.uk and it is $373.61 plus customs and duty. My guess on the Duty on these is about $30-$40. Shipping is about $60

Ferrari Part Number is: 250646 and there are two of them per vehicle.

3. steelej

steelej Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    UK
    I've had this issue with one of my Variator solenoids, the oil had made it's way up the wire to the connector and was throwing a code, the connector was cleaned out and they put some kind of grease in there to stop it happening again, i'm pretty sure they'll need replaced at some point when the codes no doubt return.

John.

4. 426rodder

426rodder Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Ontario, California
    Full Name:
    William W Holbrook
    Thanks guys, I see Maseratti Quatroporte also has the solenoids part # 212423 at about $322, the catalog says they are interchangable , does anyone know if this is true?

5. phulseberg@att.net

May 2, 2012
    Full Name:
    no one
    What did you do? Is this a common problem? I have a 2007 599 with 12K miles at the dealership with the same issue.