19" rims and lowered or 20" Rims | FerrariChat

19" rims and lowered or 20" Rims

Discussion in '360/430' started by martiy1971, Jul 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. martiy1971

martiy1971 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Robert Martineau
    Trying to fill out the wheel wells and am the considering the two options. Basically, I am thinking of the 19" Challenge Center lock conversion & H&R springs to slightly lower the car (not slammed)

or

ADV 1 20" or 21" (not sure if 21"s are even possible) in likely similar offsets and widths etc. Perhaps a touch wider. A set of 20" BBS centerlock which mimics the challenge style would be cool though.

I am interested in opinions, positives / negative for either option and, oh yeah, this is not for tracking the car or anything but more of a cosmetic upgrade.

2. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    For looks, 20" ADV1 or HRE would be best.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Personally I would stay with 19. Maybe 20. But that's just me. Keep in mind larger wheels will make your rotors look smaller unless you have CC brakes.

21? No way.

I have the standard wheels and it's been lowered ( 3/4 inch) using the stock springs. It looks great. Look at my photo album. There are some before and after pics.

Don't bother lowering if you have poor roads. You WILL scrape it front and rear way more than you would like.

4. Martiy

Martiy Rookie

Oct 4, 2006
    How did you lower the car on the stock springs? Other than a new alignment that would be needed, I would think it could be a DIY job.

5. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Independent mechanic did it then did front/rear 4 wheel alignment afterward.