Blown shock on a Scud | FerrariChat

Blown shock on a Scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by SF scuderia, Aug 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SF scuderia

SF scuderia Rookie

Jun 8, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Burt
    Has anyone had the experience of an blown shock, my technician told me that my passenger-side shock is out of gas, has anyone else experienced this and what was the remedy aside from buying two new shocks from Ferrari. Thanks

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    How many miles do you have in your scud? I have 10000 miles and shocks are good.

Of course, its always a possibility. Go to the passenger fender, put your weight on it, if the front goes up and down, then unlikely.

3. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    Yes had it happen on a 360 CH car. Mine blew the whole top of the shock out, i found it because all the oil leaked down the shock and was thrown out from the center of the wheel. I dont know of anyone who can seal & refill the stockers. Did Ferrari say you needed to replace both? Are you looking for front or rear? I was considering changing my scud shocks for a set of Penske's.

4. SF scuderia

SF scuderia Rookie

Jun 8, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Burt
    My technician notice that the shock will not rebound so I ended up finding a used shock off a crashed scud and will install it and use until I can possible have my original one rebuild.