Carbon seats | FerrariChat

Carbon seats

Discussion in '360/430' started by zipperkarting, Sep 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Hi everyone,
    When you guys replaced your stocks seats with carbon ones where did you get suitable runners from. IMO the runners on the stock leather seats are not removable as I have discovered now that I have removed the stock seats!!
    La Scuderia Rossa who sold me the carbon seats said I should remove the runners from my stock seats and use them.
    Help!!

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #2 sherpa23, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    I bought a pair of carbon seats from La Scuderia Rossa and told him I wanted runners on them so I could do a simple install.
    I won't bore you with how long they took to arrive but they came without runners. He said I could just unbolt the ones from my factory leather seats and install them on the carbon ones. Clearly this is not possible.
    Any ideas?

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Sparco made the seats in mine. Perhaps pick up a pair or go onto ricambi and order the sliders by part number?

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Or you can just order a set of generic OMP or Sparco sliders.

6. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Check out the price with Eurospares, much much cheaper than Ricambi.
    LH runner only - Ricambi $760.70 Eurospares £140 ($224)
    I'll go for generic SPARCO ones and mod them.
    Unless anyone has a spare used set lying around??

7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I plan to buy Sparco Torino and custom cover them

8. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Don't let the dude from La Scuderia Rossa tell you that you can remove the rails from the stock seats and put them on carbon seats.
    Absolute tosh!
    I spent a good couple of hours dismantling the passenger seat only to find it just won't fit.
    Where do they get their ideas from I wonder.
    Ordered my Sparco runners and they're on the way. Can't wait.

9. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    since there's a thread on seats
    how do we know what after market seats will fit a certain car - in my case, a 360CS. I am thinking of after market since replacing the alcantara costs 4-5x more than buying brand new after market seats.

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    New alcantara is 4 to 5 times the cost of replacement seats? Replace your upholsterer. Problem solved.

11. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    #11 slracing, Sep 3, 2015
    Here's what could be a good alternative to the stock seat. Sparco Milano Prestige. Most likely I will be installing these during the winter season. In the need for some runners also.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    #12 zipperkarting, Sep 4, 2015
  13. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    not replacement seats. Used CS seats are $10,000 on ebay. substitute seats, by sparco or otherwise.
    got another estimate today.
    minimum $1700 to reupholster both seats. The stitching will not be replaced.
    The estimate from the other place was $3000. Prancing horse stitching replaced.
    I think you drive up in a Ferrari, they will raise the price. I think it's possible (but probably unlikely) to get a low price is to only bring in the seats but they will notice the prancing horse stitching and the expensive CF back.

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I had F40 seats recovered in alcantara for $1500 including the F40 logo and full foam for $1500. So I don't think that $1700 is that far off. But how do they do that without replacing the stitching?

15. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    the stitching is the prancing horse on the seat head.

16. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Hey guys, I think we're getting off the subject a little aren't we?
    I don't want to recover my seats and I don't want alcantara as I have leather which is very nice thank you.
    I really wanted to know about sliders but I've ordered some from a SPARCO agent anyway.

17. E55amg9965

E55amg9965 Karting

Jun 13, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The sparco sliders will line up perfectly to the seat bolt holes,there are several options.you might have to modify the bolt holes on the seat itself to line up to the sliders.im dealing with this right now with my aftermarket cobra misano seats.the issue u might have is where the front handle to adjust the seat front and back might be to low and touching the floor,but it's bendable,that was my problem but you have factory seats so you might be ok.again on your seat there are predrilled holes so maybe the slider will line up perfect,good luck and let me know the outcome.

18. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Awesome - does anyone know where I can locate a pair of these in the UK for my 430?

Thanks in anticipation.

19. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    OKay that was a waste of time. The SPARCO sliders arrived but they are way too small.
    They are short by 120mm!! Aren't even near the holes in the floor of the car.
    Look a bit small on the seat too.
    Have contacted the supplier to se if they have anything longer but I may have to bite the bullet and buy Ferrari ones at bloody extortionate prices, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

20. E55amg9965

E55amg9965 Karting

Jun 13, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thay do line up,the longer side of the slider bolts up to the vehicle frame perfectly.you need small Allen bolts to accept the different holes then the one that your factory seat bolts to .

21. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Yes I know the longer side will fit the seat but it's the other one that is far to short (by 120mm) to fit the floor holes.
    I'm gutted.
    Unless of course there are longer sliders avaiable. I have emailed SPARCO direct.

22. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Just had a run in with a company called Wedge Brackets in Utah as they advertised Ferrari seat brackets for sale.
    Their ad states:
    "The Wedge Ferrari Modena seat bracket is a direct bolt-in to all Ferrari Modenas. It was designed specifically from the stock bracket and floor board. As with all Wedge seat brackets, if for any reason this bracket is not a perfect fit, please let us know and we'll make it right."
    However when you contact them asking if they guarantee the seat bracket fits they say they don't as "not all floor pans are the same" !!
    Are there no laws in the US about advertising standards?
    Because I questioned them they refused to supply the bracket.
    One to avoid I would say.

23. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    OK just got the SPARCO sliders fitted - perfect.
    Now trying to buy a pair of planted seat bases and waiting on a French company that so far has been really helpful.
    I'm getting excited!!

24. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    Any progress in this project Paul? I got my seat but it seems like I have to fabricate my own runners! Whats the production no on the Sparco runners you ordered?
    I sent Sparco Italy an email- and they couldn`t tell me what would be the right runners to get for my F 360?!?!

25. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Here is a pic of the drivers side with the seat out.
    [​IMG]
    There are two sets of holes in the back. The wider holes ~16" fit 10mm bolts and the narrow ones ~15.5" fit 8mm bolts.
    In the front there are top mount holes 8mm bolts ~15.5" apart and front angle mount holes 10mm bolts ~16" apart.

I can measure front to back distance as well if needed. Sparco does make a bracket that mounts in the factory holes and opens up options for mounting more universal rails on top. These photos are generic but will give the general idea.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bracket part #s are
    Sparco 600SB159L
    Sparco 600SB159R
    $140 each

[​IMG]
    Sliders for Sparco seats are #00493 and they may work on other seats as well. $75 each

I hope this helps!