F-car Movie and TV site. | FerrariChat

F-car Movie and TV site.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 3wings, Aug 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3wings

3wings Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I watched the movie 'Scent of a Woman' last night and especially enjoyed the scene where a 'blind' Al Pacino races around the back-streets of New York in a Ferrari. I was pretty sure that it was a Mondial and when searching the net came across this amazing site:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Ferrari_model-400.html

It lists every movie that has featured a Ferrari...just change the 'model' to bring up your favourite, and yes, it was a Mondial.

Enjoy!

Mike

2. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Great find, thanks for sharing.

Aidan
    PS Are you supporting England or South Africa in the Third Test?

3. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Yes great link thankyou :D

4. 3wings

3wings Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mike

Third test of what ?

5. 3wings

3wings Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OK so its either the Olympics or movies and I'm no great fan of watching people chase around Beijing in the pouring rain on bicycles...so I watched The Rock.

And would you believe it...two nights in a row...and by total coincidence...manic F-car scenes !!

This time Nicholas Cage behind the wheel of a '96 F355 Spider chasing Sean Connery in a Hummer through the streets of San Fransisco....awesome.

Now that sure as hell beats watching womens' weight lifting !!

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #6 OttoB, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been watching, slowly but surely, the entire run of all 5 seasons of Miami Vice from the 1980's, now going on for a few months... To my surprise tonight, while watching the beginning of Season 4, Episode 19 titled Blood & Roses, starring Stanley Tucci and Frank Stallone, there's an ever brief clip of "our car" being pulled up to a valet and I decided to take a picture from the tv as it was airing. It originally aired on April 1, 1988!!! The orange flicker on the right side of the photo below was the beginning of a graphic about the airing of an upcoming program by the channel showing it, so this is as good of a shot that I could manage.

It definitely passed under the radar on the link in the first post in this thread:

IMCDb.org: Ferrari 400 in movies and TV series

I could not find a link online about this very same episode that I could have posted, but in all honesty, the shot of the car does not last 2 seconds and takes place within the first 30 seconds of the episode, as an FYI. Later in the episode, they also briefly feature an Aston Martin Lagonda!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    I would be nice to know that car's number. I wonder where it is now? Looks to be either dark blue or black with either a crema or tan interior with black dash?