1987 Ferrari 412 sn 71263 listed by FoCFL | FerrariChat

1987 Ferrari 412 sn 71263 listed by FoCFL

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 400iGuy, Sep 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    #1 400iGuy, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone know about the 412 Ferrari of Central Florida has listed for sale?

Blue/Grey with 35K miles. The photos appear to have been taken at the Orlando dealership. The URL links to Bergen County Lamborghini. (Both the FoCLF and Bergen Co Lambo used Ferrari inventories are the same.)

Al
    1984 400iA 50605
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Couple of entries in 2002 (private seller) and 2004 (FoCF), both with a little over 34,000 miles. Guess it has been sitting for at least the past 8 years unless the speedo is disconnected.

3. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    FoCF did sell a 412 a few years ago (2004 sounds about right). It had been for sale by private owner in FL who eventually traded it to FoCFL on a Maser 4 door. (he kept his 288 GTO). It must have come back to them.

Al

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #4 samsaprunoff, Jun 30, 2013
    Good day All,

Just documenting these cars, as they come up...

Cheers,

Sam

Ferrari : Other 412iA in Ferrari | eBay Motors

1987 Ferrari 412iA
    Color: Blue Medio Metallic Exterior with Light Beige Interior (?)
    ..........(To me the interior pics render as Light Grey)
    Mileage: 35310 miles (?) (Speedo show MPH)
    VIN: ZFFYD24B000071263
    Chassis: 71263
    Auction (Reserve): Current Bid $10100.00 USD (Reserve Not Met) - 8 Days Remaining

5. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    "This rare vehicle is believed to be eligible for Ferrari's prestigious Classiche certification program."

Other than the ability to pay are there any additional criteria?

6. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think that's it..... :)

Any idea what a fair price would be on this car?

7. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    Wild guess numbers as this is not a widely traded market with relatively few trading in any given year. Cleaned up and sorted out with the right buyer and seller say $55K. Needing details sorted out: $35K. Parts speculation condition: $15K. It is wide as you have to do the homework on the car yourself. There are many stories in these cars.

8. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Actually a very reasoned overview of the market.

The problem? Condition is almost irrelevant because most of these cars are being sold via internet- and they look the same in online photos. I've seen really great cars and really worn, crusty cars sell for the exact same amount of money.

9. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Yes - there are three other criteria:-

1) That the person has more money than sense.
    2) That the person has a burning desire to dramatically reduce their bank balance.
    3) That the persons medication needs to be re-evaluated - quickly !!

10. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #10 wrxmike, Jul 1, 2013
    Must have the original driveline ( numbers matching for engine, gearbox, diff ), original body and chassis , no right hand to left hand drive conversion , not a convertible conversion etc.

Things like a colour change will not preculde classiche certification, but it will be noted in the "red book" as a deviation from standard. Ditto for exhausts etc

11. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    I suspect the cars trading on the internet are going for somewhere between parts and needs sorting out as if the car is cleaner it is a win for the buyer and if the car is a bit the worse for wear, the buyer drives it and flips it later.

The true gems trade privately between those in the know. I looked at one superb example of a 400i locally several years back. The mechanic who sorted it out did an incredible job. If there was a perfect well used and loved 400i this was it and it traded with no advertisement.

Given that scenario it is quite easy to presume in internet offers that the car is not one of those hidden gems and offer accordingly.

12. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Thanks Mike.
    Interesting that drivelines must be original as I've read they will cast up new blocks for some of the classics and then certify them. " Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind.

13. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #13 Steve Magnusson, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Just wanted to add some minor comments about the injection system on this 412 since it has one of the cleaner "with Lambda" US modifications that I've seen from a plumbing-neatness standpoint (and who knows if it's actually working ;)) -- however, it is a little bit odd IMO that it has a frequency valve add to both banks, but also has the line interconnecting the control pressure ports on the WURs. If it has a single aftermarket Lambda ECU running both FV = no problem, but, if it has separate aftermarket Lambda ECUs (or functionally-separate ECUs in a single box), they could "confuse" each other some since the control pressure on each bank is made equal by the interconnecting line.

The highest probability is that the whole added system has been disabled long ago, but if the new Owner is trying to get this Lambda system to work and has trouble, I wanted to mention this as having two FVs (two ECUs?) and no interconnecting line may be a valid configuration developed for an early 400i (without the WUR interconnecting line) that got (wrongly) copied onto a 412 with the WUR interconnecting line.

That's a good-looking car that should get a wave from everyone on this planet!