Ferrari 400i V8 on Ebay | FerrariChat

Ferrari 400i V8 on Ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by kart, Aug 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is the 2nd 400i I've seen with a v8 in it. The other has an LS motor and was done after the original motor blew. I talked to the owner and he said he sold the original motor and associated parts and it paid for the swap and then some. That car has a 6 speed manual, though, and the explanation makes sense as with the cost to rebuild one of these it would make no sense to do it relative to the cost of the car.

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
  3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I have some questions about the car and have written to Sean via eBay a couple of times with no response. Considering buying the car but need to hear about mechanics, body, and electrical.

Sean, call or write back.

Thanks.

4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #5 OttoB, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There has been so much done to the car, but little to show for... I also have been restoring 2 other cars simultaneously over the past year in conjunction with this one (all 3 for personal use)... Eventually, I will get to post the build once I get the body work completed in the next few weeks. But, I did manage to have Image Wheels UK build me custom one-offs shown below. The car has been subjected to a very comprehensive and custom re-engineering from top to bottom. I do realize purists out there will stick their nose in the air and perhaps enlighten the rest of us as to how they are so much superior, but nothing could be further from the truth in most respects.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Post a side view of the car with the new wheels installed?

6. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Those wheels diminish this car's appeal for me more than the engine which, truth be told, is an improvement.

7. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Yeh be good to see more pics.

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    As indicated above, I shall post the thousands of changes undertaken already on the car sometime in the future once its completed and I have several hundred pictures to go along with it. Hopefully, it will take place in September and wish me luck. Besides the 3 cars I have going on, I also have a pending divorce, a potential 5th car purchase (which would be 4 at the shop), a busy law practice, and taking care of a young child. So, I will get around to documenting the build of this car at some point.