Is this car known on here? 400 automatic | FerrariChat

Is this car known on here? 400 automatic

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by MillSpeed, Mar 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MillSpeed

MillSpeed Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Miller
  2. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Looks like a really nice car. The badge must have been replaced for some reason.

The a fellow fchatter (alastairhouston) in Largs, Scotland, who is selling a beautiful 400GT (carbs/manual gearbox).

Aidan

3. MillSpeed

MillSpeed Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Miller
    Ah yes that 400GT is a beaut, I hope she's still on the market when I'm ready to buy.

4. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    This car went through Silverstone Auctions last year (albeit unsold). Looks like a ligher shade of blue than it is now but that may well just be the photos.
    I always try to buy cars with long term ownership (Three of my cars were in the same hands for between 20-35 yrs) so I can see the attraction here. The rear window sticker certainly supports the Italian pilot owner story!
    1979 Ferrari 400i Coupe - Silverstone Auctions

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #5 bjwhite, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Man this picture really shows off the beauty of these cars doesn't it? I just don't know why people take digs on the 400 due to looks. I think this angle is stunning...... I love the arc from the nose to the tail on that character line, then the double angle drop of the rear window to the sloped trunk lid. (Which is why I dislike the 412 update). This picture even makes the 15" wheels look great and normally I'm a fan of the TRX wheel look. Wow.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. MillSpeed

MillSpeed Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Miller
    D'ya know I was thinking that exact same thing looking at those photos, the side profile of the 400 was a masterstroke by Pininfarina. The fact that plebs like Clarkson just don't get it makes me want one even more!

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    The only reason that the 400 series was considered unattractive when it was released was because it was a pretty jarring change from the curvaceous look of the preceding Ferraris, such as the 275 GTB/4, the 365 GT 2+2 and even the 365 Daytona and the C/4. Sort of like the jarring effect that the Impressionist painters first had on art fans following the Realism school of painting. It was considered radical art and the Impressionists were not received happily by the Establishment of the day.

And, just like Impressionist art, the 400 series has aged very gracefully and its looks are being appreciated for the beauty that they are. All that needs to happen is for prices to reflect that beauty and style!

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I was thinking the prices need to rise to reflect the money required to fix them up. :)

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White

Not until I own one John...not until I own one. :) Do you miss yours? I seem to remember you sold it last year.

10. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Agreed on the price appreciation until I own one:D