400i prices on the rise! | FerrariChat

400i prices on the rise!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bernadette, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernadette

bernadette Karting

Mar 6, 2014
    Man I just went to see a 400i for sale and and he wanted 37,500 and now he does not want to sell.
    Something is up and I think we are going to see a price spike on these cars

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Which one did you go look at? VIN? Spec?

3. kaiser

kaiser Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    johannesburg
    I have seen a couple of higher prices as well. But one thing is what you ask, another what you get!
    Never mind, the 400i is a nice car, which ever way you look at it, and maybe more people are finding that out, and many cars have been sold for parts, the engines stuffed into all sorts of vehicles.

But, what currency are we talking?. There are some strong moves in the value (or not) of many currencies!!.

We should start pricing these things in ounces of gold!

4. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Anyone think that's right?

5. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I'm thinkin' you meant "What do you think"??

Couldn't tell from your profile but you sound like you're in the States, the guy could be wishy washy or had a change in heart. Auto or 5-speed? That'll make a difference.
    What things are listed for & what things are 'sold' for are 2 different animals. Never use 'for sale' listings as a price guide. I feel things are rock bottom for the 400i's but also feel it will be quite a while before they see any serious appreciation. Grab a 'decent' one & enjoy it while you're still on the planet :D

6. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Not yet, but soon.

Regards,

Art S.

7. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    A single sale or even a handful will not mean that prices are up. Maybe the car was perfect, maybe the buyer didnt care about the price...Having watch longhood 911'***** the stratosphere you realize it still takes years and many sales to become a trend.