Headlamp motor | FerrariChat

Headlamp motor

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 300man, Apr 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 300man

300man Karting

Mar 19, 2010
    Hi guys,

Last week was the first chance I got to tet the electrics in my 5-speed 400i.
    The engine is away being assessed, but the rest of the car is with me and I'm getting to know it better. When I got the car, one of the headlamp units was up, one was down.
    Finally hooked a battery to the car in the big empty engine bay, tried the lights and other bits and it all worked ok. Except that one of the headlamp units didn't pop up, though both the lights illuminated. I went to the affected area thinking I'd just turn the knob to see if the motor was seized, or if it was the mechanism. Lo and Behold, there was NO motor!!!

Before I try Eurospares,Has any one of you got one they can sell me?
    By the way, I don't even know if they're handed
    Cheers
    Eric (UK based)

2. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Fiat X19. same motor. Side specific. Much cheaper. Jq.

3. 300man

300man Karting

Mar 19, 2010
    Thanks Jacques, I'll start looking into the X19.
    I realised they were side-specific this morning when I looked under the hood of my other 400i. You live and learn. I think that's the beauty of getting something that needs attention, the learning process. My other 400i was good so I didn't really learn much, but with this one I have to do a lot more thinking!

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    At least the problem was easy to trouble shoot. :)

5. 300man

300man Karting

Mar 19, 2010
    In many ways I was relieved, didn't like the thought of chasing the fault through all the connectors, relays etc. Been having a look at the Fiat x19 manuals, the lifter motors are indeed the same, handed and positioned the same way as they would be on the 400.
    I was concerned that they might be the same units but positioned upside down for instance, and if you ordered a right hand one for the Fiat it would fit the left on ours.
    But all is well. Thanks again guys