Looking for reliable parts supplier | FerrariChat

Looking for reliable parts supplier

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 1986 412 GT, Apr 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1986 412 GT

1986 412 GT Rookie

Apr 10, 2014
    Naples. FL USA
    Full Name:
    Bret James Abraham
    New to Ferrari Chat.
    Just took delivery of my 1986 412 GT. It's a great car but it is missing a few things.
    I would like to make it complete again.
    I am looking for the following items.
    Tool Kit with hazard triangle and bulb kit.
    Red lamp in door
    Rear license plate illumination lamp
    ETC
    I prefer good quality used items.
    I have tried Ferr Parts, Eurospares and have had trouble getting a response.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    As time goes by I will post my experiences with the car with your permission.
    I expect my ownership with be rewarded with may years of spirited driving.
    Thank You

2. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    The tool kit…you're gonna have to watch on eBay or tother places. Be prepared to pay out the wazoo. I've noticed that TRutlands has carried the red door lights & license lights in the past, both were 'new'.
    http://trutlands.com
    I haven't had trouble getting a reply when I email Eurospares, & calling FerrParts might be your best bet.

3. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    AllFerrariParts has been reliable but always by phone and not email. They have new owners but are still worth a shot. I also had good luck with AW Italian by phone. Few websites have accurate 400/412 info. Best to have your part numbers handy and call the supplier.
    Lets see some pics of your car and please supply the VIN!
    And, you should subscribe. There's good info here and it helps to keep the site going.

4. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I would try calling Rutlands as we'll. I think you will have the best chance of finding the light assembly and lenses over the phone with them.

5. SYake

SYake Karting

May 15, 2005
    NoVA
    You might also try GT Car Parts in Phoenix.

6. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #6 blkprlz, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Wow, did Dennis & Norma finally sell their business?? They're just a handful of miles away from me & I stopped by last Nov., he has had his place up for sale for many years now but didn't think it would turn over that fast. It's great to hear that as they've got other interests to pursue.

7. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I just noticed the new web site. Norma was such a sweetheart on the phone and I got a sweet price on Brembo rotors about 6 weeks ago. However, I'd much rather click through a site for my parts and get a confirmation email with tracking number.

8. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I visited the site yesterday after you mentioning it, that was a nice transition note Dennis wrote. Kind of bummed that the parts moved to Cleveland with Tom Vail, it would've been a real treat getting to know him.
    Yes, Norma is a sweetheart…& they're the kind of people who like doing business the old fashion way. & it's more fun to haggle in person rather than on the web. The internet has become a very efficient means of doing whatever but lacks the personal touch that was 'back in the day'.