One Day at a Time | FerrariChat

One Day at a Time

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 180 Out, Apr 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    This weekend my needy '83 400i auto emerged from another extended stay in sick bay, just in time for some great SF Bay Area spring weather, and she's running great. This time it was 8 or 9 weeks off the road, and most members will laugh to hear that the reason was to pull the oil cooler hoses and have them rebuilt, will laugh that it could take this long for such a simple job. I could bore you with the details but I won't, because the point of this post is only to share happy thoughts. I was just watching a video of a collector car guy's 212 Inter backing off a trailer -- http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-thru-365-gtc4-sponsored-vintage-driving-machines/441684-ferrari-212-inter-ghia-0145e.html -- and it occurred to me how much of the very high dollar Ferrari V12 experience we 365/400/412 owners get to enjoy at a huge discount from the price of a 212 or similar. It just hit me, I also have got a V12 Ferrari in my driveway, that I can hop in at any time and throw it around the corners and wind it up to 6500 and generally scare the pee out of myself. Thank you Enzo! Thank you Fiat!

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Don't forget GM. :) 3-speed baby.

3. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Great Bill,
    your right these cars are just as good or better than the cars that are 10 times the price there is no doubt its a fact. How good is that.
    Enjoyed by Enzo Ferrari and Jodi Schecter whom as far as I know knew a thing or two about motor cars.
    Regards
    Alastair