Car running speed vs revs | FerrariChat

Car running speed vs revs

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by oofazi, Apr 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. oofazi

oofazi Karting

Apr 13, 2013
    Salisbury UK
    Chaps,

Can you look at this little vid I did yesterday whilst in the 400, and let me know if the running revs are correct to the speed of the car like your vehicles run? The noise in the cabin is quite substantial and the speedo is slightly inaccurate too methinks...

Thanks muchly

David

Ferrari 400iA - running speed vs revs (cabin noise) - YouTube

2. galbert

galbert Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    sud ouest france
    Full Name:
    Galbert Christopher
    for me is ok

3. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Seems normal to me.

4. oofazi

oofazi Karting

Apr 13, 2013
    Salisbury UK
    Ok, that is good news!! Last thing I need is any dramas with it on such a good day!

However, I had the left hand fuel pump fuse blow, what is the correct rating for them both? Is it 15 Amps, or should it be lower?

Thanks

David

5. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    David
    Fuel Pump fuse is 15A. Those fuel pumps pull a high amp, maybe more than 15 each time they start and then likely run 10 or a bit less. I think you are about to start experiencing the dreaded fuel pump wiring issues. Look at your fuse/relay panel. On the right side are the terminals sending power to fuel pumps. I bet two of the connectors are brown due to high start loads. Do a search for fuel pumps issues. If your problem persists you might go for the permanent solution that I implemented and documented in a thread.
    Ken