About those Fuel filters and pumps..... | FerrariChat

About those Fuel filters and pumps.....

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Part Time, Jun 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    I found 4 original fuel filters thru my local vendor, (2 for now, 2 for later, $6 each), and when I asked about fuel pumps, his reply was, "found an original in Calif. for $380, you want it ? ".
    After I picked the phone up off the floor, I searched the chat logs and found several that mention "other" fuel pumps, and also needing some Metric acorn nuts. Are these the pumps sold by Rock Auto or AutohausAZ and others, ( for $100 ), a replacement but with a male banjo fitting attached that will accept the fuel line but I toss the original banjo bolt and use the acorn nut instead?
    The car sat in storage for the last several years and I would like to drive it more than park it, at 29 years old I need to change a bunch of parts just because of age & reliability, right ?
    I have most of the trunk trim out, I get a pressure buildup even sitting in the garage which may indicate a problem with the fuel tank breather system...(behind the aux a/c unit), both tanks are "bowed out" on top, not flat...hhmmmmm.
    So, I will drain fuel, check/clean tanks, fix breather system, replace pumps and filters, and, is there a pn or vendor for the outlet pipe fittings with the screens at the bottom of the central pickup tank ? Might as well change those too....
    Thanks, Gary

1985 400i A/T White/Blk Int 11,879 miles

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Thanks, Steve.....I have over 80 pics of the underside from last time it was on the lift, not a single shot of the pumps, so I will get underneath and take a look ....then I will go shopping.

Gary

4. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Gary, Go to Superperformance or Eurospares website they are located in the UK easy to do business with they ship promptly and prices seem more reasonable than some of the domestic vendors. eurospares even has the factory parts manuals so you know you choose the correct part. Fuel pump there will cost you a 100 pounds or about $150 freight is not that unreasonable. Good luck Rick