What is this other fuel filter? | FerrariChat

What is this other fuel filter?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bjwhite, Jul 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #1 bjwhite, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm a bit puzzled. In looking at these fuel filters, why does it seem like there are two? Could someone explain this setup to me?

There are of course two sets of these, but I'm only showing one. Obviously the one on the right is the Bosch fuel filter, but what is the thing on the left? It's not the pump because the pump is further away behind some protection panels. This one seems to connect to the pump on one side and to the filter on the other with a little tube that looks like for a vacuum coming off of it.

Can anyone explain this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Hi,
    If this is a 400i, I would say the part on the left is the fuel accumulator which is located in the fuel line between the fuel filter (closest to the fuel tank) and the fuel pump (closest to the engine).

3. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    #3 rovexienus, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is the diagram from the injection manual page 7, I think the part on the left in the original picture is item 3 on this diagram.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Ahhh, so it's the "fuel accumulator" per that diagram. Thanks man.

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    If you can believe it, the last K-Jet car I owned was my 1984 GTI back when I was 18-20. Got a Corrado VR6 when I was 20 and never had another K-Jet car. (although I did get my 84 GTI back for about a year in 1998....)

Anyway...Had I had more K-Jet cars, I'm sure I would have known immediately what that part was. haha...

Thanks all.