FedEx guy stopped by | FerrariChat

FedEx guy stopped by

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ak Jim, Aug 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
  2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Oooo..now that's sexy. Where'd you get all of that stuff?

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Shocks were rebuilt by Jeff LeBlond in PHX. The new bushings and washers came from T Rutlands. The Aarms were rebuilt by Dave Helms of Scuderia Rampante.

The steel bushings and washers are very expensive, about $170 per set and there are 8 total for the rear. The best thing you can do is keep them clean and lubed. I found mine to be pretty much bone dry which led to premature wear and corrosion. The stuff is really good quality and should probably last a couple of hundred thousand miles but need to be maintained.

4. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Those front upper control arm bushes are a bit tricky to get into place. I cut a dowel stick same length as assembled bush and about same diameter as the bolt. This allow the assembly to stay together until you get it in place and then dowel gets pushed out by the bolt. Easy and "Very Expensive" tool.
    Ken

5. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Good trick! I found assembly was easier if I had some beer.

6. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Pretty big learning curve! Second side was easier than the first but certainly not easy by any definition.

PS, sent you a PM.