1980 Ferrari 400i Chassis 35769 on Ebay | FerrariChat

1980 Ferrari 400i Chassis 35769 on Ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Aug 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #1 samsaprunoff, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day All,

Just Adding Doc...

Cheers,

Sam

Ferrari Other Tan | eBay

Color: Light Blue with Tan Interior
    Mileage: 47,930

Chassis: 35769
    Current Bid: $11100 USD (3 bids - 9 days remaining)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Thanks Sam,

Seems like an honest car and an honest description.

What do you think, $25K to bring it back to a solid 2-, 3+ driver? I'm assuming head gasket rather than crack.

Regards,

Art S.

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    A common cause of oil in the cooling system with these cars is from hardened O rings below the oil filters and this is a very easy fix.

Another common problem is a hardened O ring in the front section of the water pump. This is a little more involved as the radiator and ancillaries like the alternators need to come out but this seal can be changed on the water pump with the engine in the car.

Both of these items are comparatively inexpensive to fix but, if one of these is not the cause of the oil in the coolant, things start to get expensive. A compression test will help indicate or eliminate a head gasket problem.

A mechanic that can determine the source of the oil might be able to get this car back up and running for short money.

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Art,

Indeed, I think the description is very fair and honest as well.

As for the cost to bring it back to a solid driver... hard to say. It could be a number of things (as Ashman described), but also the car may need a few things too. Depending upon what the car sells for, my feeling is that this car could be a great candidate for someone who does the work himself. In fact I mentioned this car to a buddy of mine and stated that he should really think about it, as sometime soon the ability to get into one of these cars at these prices will be gone...

On a side note... I have made a recent purchase that I will be sharing very soon. I will post details once I receive delivery.

Cheers,

Sam

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Awesome Sam! BTW, my wife just took off for Edmonton this morning. She'll be in the ITU Olypmic-distance Age Group World Championships. Go check out the triathlon! It should be fun to watch.

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Brian,

What a small World! Indeed, our City hosts a number of events with the ITU World Triathlon being one of the last ones of the season. Hopefully the weather will be a bit more moderate than today (a bit on the cool side and overcast)... although cooler temps tend to be welcomed by the Athletes. After the event you can recommend to your wife to check out "Il Pasticcio" (located downtown) for some fantastic Italian food, or if she wishes some of the best Italian Gelato and Caff'e ... then suggest "Da Capo" (located South Side along Whyte Avenue). However, after the event I would imagine she would be pretty tuckered out... That being said, please wish here the best of luck to her in her event!

Cheers,

Sam

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    With 20 bids, it sold for $18,200.00... Hope the car's new owner inevitably finds a way to become part of this forum and update us on what he ultimately did with the car. It appears solid so time will tell if the engine repairs were inexpensive or not.

8. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That is gorgeous. Plus that is one big shield.