Pearl white Michelotti 400i coupe | FerrariChat

Pearl white Michelotti 400i coupe

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bitzman, Oct 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I saw this car a few years ago at an auction. Maybe it was in Scottsdale. I was surprised it could be sold in the US since the 400 was never a US model when new and this one had a completely different body. But the roofline from side view looked like low buck Mazda RX-7. I believe the story was a Saudi prince ordered it for his girlfriend who cared not a whit about it. The car would be difficult to maintain electronics wise because it had a then experimental digital dash. But otherwise its shining points are one of the last full body designs from Michelotti, and it's a 400. I believe it sold at the auction for less than $100,000. I was wondering if anybody ever saw it advertised and what the seller was asking for it and what people think it is worth today. I feel as a one off Ferrari by a known coachbuilder, it should be receiving more praise but then there's that roof...

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  3. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
  4. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    The roofline looks like a Mitsubishi Starion.

5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I think from the B pillars forward it looks pretty good, but not good enough to make up for the back. Maybe they could graft on the back part of a Pontiac Aztec. :)

6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed