Radio for '89 412 | FerrariChat

Radio for '89 412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by JPinna, Oct 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    Hi all ,

I currently have an Alpine radio fitted to my 412. However , with my papers etc , I have a manual for a Blaupunkt New York sqr 05. I think this may be for the original fitted radio.

Can anybody shed light as to which would have been the original ?

Thanks

Jerry

2. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    The Blaupunkt New York would have been the original radio. The one in my car is definitely original, and the car is only a couple of months older than yours.

I hardly ever dare use the radio in case I forget to retract the aerial before entering the garage!

3. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    Thanks for the info. I will now look out for one !

Jerry

4. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Could this be it?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWcFhFca-Rw]Rare Vintage Blaupunkt New York SCD08 (Radio/Cartridge CD) - YouTube[/ame]

5. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Blaupunkt sqr 05 is the original radio, there is also a power amp in the trunk (boot).
    M

6. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    My 412s both came with Blaupunkts but my North American Ferraris all came with Alpines. These were all late 1980s cars.

7. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    Just bought a NY with amp for £80 . Hope it works . I will soon have an Alpine for sale ! I assume the Blaupunkt is the original as I have the manual with the rest of the cars documentation. Thanks to all for the input.

Jerry

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Keep in mind that there are various models of Blaupunkts using the same city name. There were at least two versions of the Toronto for example that look very similar and are a couple years off in vintage but are very different.

The New York will be the same way....if you want the exact same model, make sure the SQR 05 is the model and not some of the other ones....for example the New York SCD08 pictured above.