365 GT4 2+2 sold at the NEC | FerrariChat

365 GT4 2+2 sold at the NEC

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rustytractor, Nov 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Nice car, very complete with all tools, books etc sold for £60k plus commission fees circa £10k

comments ?

2. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Having seen it as well, my guess was 60k! (Honest!). I couldn't fault the bodywork, nicely retrimmed, one or two minor detail faults (no mousehair and the tyres looked old) but overall a very good one and with an interesting history. I think the vendor would have settled for less but a good result for both buyer and seller I would say.

3. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    I did see a great lime green caddy there as well.... absolutely packed around the WD stage. Stirling moss was on as I squeezed by.

4. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I believe the entire line, 365, 400, 400i & 412, especially the 5-speed manual cars, is on the verge of joining the price spiral of the 1960s cars. They are the last of the Enzo-era Colombo V-12s, they are beautiful, they are useful, they are 1960s rare and knowledgeble Ferrari buyers are beginning to appreciate that.

5. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I was surprised how well the Green Cadi was appreciated at the show - everybody loved it and not one bad comment. I was a bit upset because the drivers door glass was badly scratched on the first day, probably by a camera or ring because the Wheeler Dealer cars weren't roped off but they sorted this for Saturday and Sunday (well, kind of sorted if you classify some plastic red/white tape strung between some poles placed around the cars as being sorted !)

Luckily Mike offered to replace the glass for me - he is genuinely one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

6. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    I agree with the future for these cars. I offered a little background earlier this morning on another post.

We are excited to have one of these great cars and will look forward to driving her!

7. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I watched the auction with great interest - it was a nice (but not perfect car) which was bought by a guy on a phone taking bidding instructions from someone else.

The bigger part of me wanted the car to go cheap so I could make it #3 in the garage while the lesser part was happy that it went for that price for one simple reason - It vindicated my decision to buy one last year and allowed me to smile smugly at my other half who said at the time (and I quote):-

"Why do you want another one of those ?? - it's exactly the same as the 400"

Women eh ?

8. 300man

300man Karting

Mar 19, 2010
    Funny, I had the same comment from mine when I decided to rescue another Ercoupe!
    Along with other remarks about the fact that my other 400's engine rebuild is not finished yet! How many projects does a man need? Sorry we couldn't meet at the NEC Russ.

9. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    Less than my wifes' shoe and purse collection. But I do like the way she looks! And what good are those cool shoes and purses if you're stepping out of a Prius?

10. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    I also took a peek at this car.........very nice, not the best, but I would happily find space for it..........and suffer the wrath of the lady wife.
    Auction estimate was 45 to 55,000 Sterling; so sold at 60 PLUS premium PLUS VAT on the premium...... starts to put the car pricing into perspective. Glad I bought my 400i (for restoration) when I did, earlier this year.

Restoration is going well, less rust than expected, and quite pleased with the quality of original build.......although a few more drain holes here and there would have given the car a better chance of survival.