1980 400iGT #35097 For Sale | FerrariChat

1980 400iGT #35097 For Sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Schumi, Jan 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
  2. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    That car has been at GTC for at least 3 years. I saw it when I bought my Ghibli project from them. It looked very nice in the metal. M Guikas was using it for a daily driver. IIRC it was priced at €44000 back then.
    GTC prices always seem to be set in advance of the market alot of the time, but cars in this price range are at budget end of their stocklist, so I am sure it makes little or no difference if they take a while to sell. I'm sure the 400s will reach that level in due course.

Best regards.

Mark.

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Selling price history for this car (All prices include buyer's premiums):

2003 Barrett Jackson Petersen Auction in LA $21,600
    2007 Gooding Pebble Beach $52,800 (Just before the financial crisis, astute buy!)
    2009 RM Auctions California $30,250 (Ouch!)
    2010 RM Auction Monaco $34,925

Originally sold to Germany then imported to U.S. in 1983. Repainted in original Marrone Colorado in 1994. Donated to Petersen Museum in 2000.

One of the descriptions from the Gooding auction said that it was in the Petersen Museum from 2000-2007 so timeline with sale in 2003 doesn't match up.

Gooding also reported the car had a new fuel system and exhaust.

RM California reported car had new clutch, timing chain and recovered dash.

RM Monaco reported car was in "showroom condition".

Doesn't seem as though it has had a real enthusiast owner for the past 15 years as it has bounced around the global auction circuit. That probably explains why GTC has not provided any information about service history or condition.

C'est dommage about the current asking price! :)

4. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Nice colors on that car.
    Looks like the auction companies have done very well by this car, nearly $30k worth in commissions by my calculations.

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, indeed. No real money at risk (other than staging the event and paying your staff to source and vet (sort of) the cars) and you collect fees from both the buyer and the consignor.

6. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad
    Now thats a wonderful color!