400iA on eBay | FerrariChat

400iA on eBay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bjwhite, Jan 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    there was a dark blue on tan later 400iA posted to eBay last night but this morning it's gone. Did anyone save the pictures and serial number? I was going to do that this morning but the auction was removed.

The dark blue was beautiful on the car--the tan interior was rather rough. I seem to remember a rather low BIN price.

I wish I could remember the serial number--I think it as in the 504xx range. 1984 car.

Did anyone else catch it and pull pics and serial number?

2. Jodan108

Jodan108 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Full Name:
    Dan
    This one matches everything except the color (black not dark blue), posted sometime last night or this morning:

Ferrari Other Auto | eBay

S/N 50327

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #3 bjwhite, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah, not that one. That's a known car here.

It was included in my 400i summary email from eBay this morning but was pulled some time later. Shame....I wanted to document it. Oh well.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #4 bjwhite, Jan 19, 2015
    Looks like it was relisted a couple hours ago, also with an explanation of why it was removed. Car is serial number 51777. Man I love this dark blue color.

Ferrari Other 2 Door | eBay

Ad text: eBay Jan 2014 - Lakewood, California seller: 7820jason

Up for you consideration is a beautiful 400i Ferrari that I am selling for a friend. V.I.N. ZFFEB06B000051777. The car is a European car only, whom it was imported by is unknown to us. It has 88,000 kilometers on it, which is roughly 54,000 original miles, The car has a lot of problems that need fixing. If you can addrress all of the little issues this car has the end result will be a very low milage beautiful front engine Ferrari with a lot of life and fun left in her!

Lets start with the drivers seat, it needs to be recovered, or some creative panel replacement to retain the patina of the original leather. The dash top needs to be replaced also. The gauges are "moody" and fluctuate, probably a ground problem. The front bumper is a bit loose. The oil light stays on at idle but goes off when you hit the gas, which has been the same for the 10 years that my friend has owned the car. We were going to replace the oil pressure sender but ran out of time. Sometimes when you turn the ignition key it will click a coulple of times then it will start, it has also been the same for 10 years and has never left him stranded. It has some dings and scratches, the paint is not perfect. We have all of the maintinance records for the last 10 years since he has owned it. (Oil changes, minor repairs etc). It was just smogged and registered in December. Power windows work but are slow. Tires are good but not great.

This is sold "AS IS" with no warranties. We will NOT be involved in shipping, aside from providing the address for your shipping company of choice. Local pick up is fine. This will be a cashiers check or bank transfer only sale within 10 days of the auctions end. Please ask any questions!!! The car runs great and has an automatic transmission. I did not have the VIN in the previous listing so ebay deleted it. Please re-send your questions!

54,174 miles.

5. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    this one was on CL last week, in Beverly Hills
    1983 Ferrari odometer: 90000VIN: zffeb068000045183paint color : blue size : full-sizetype : coupe drive : 4wd fuel : gastransmission : automatictitle status : clean cylinders : 12 cylinders
    condition: excellent
    • Show room condition, collectors car, recent $6k service, including new starter, brakes, tires, battery, oil change. 12 cylinder, 90k miles, Automatic, clean title, no accidents, always garaged.. $59k or best offer. [email protected]

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yeah, it was mentioned a few weeks back. I started a thread on it.

7. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    it is a nice colour...but it would be far cheaper to paint your car that colour than it would be to fix that car.

8. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    bjwhite, where is a good place to look up info on a car and its VIN?
    Thanks

9. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    The colour definitely suits the lines of the car very well.

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I am learning to pass on this model, regardless of price, finally. very low learner.

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #11 bundas, Jan 20, 2015
    two things. first I sent my title and drivers ID to a Ferrari dealer. for no cost they got a copy of the first sale and colors. second, I will try to attach a photo of my 1980 with 5,900 miles showing. car appears new. I did have to do a repaint. too much rust. not the photo o want to send. I will have to get a tech.

12. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    The car actually is garaged less than 3 miles from my house, and the seller and i are in related fields.

I've got a miracle worker interior guy, so that does not scare me.

As long as the oil light issue is really only the sender/sensor, and not indicative of a tired motor w/ oil pressure issues, should be ok.

Bought at under the Hagerty #4 price and $1,000 over the NADA "low retail," so - barring surprises - and assuming the usual $4K to $6K in un-addressed issues, should be fine. Even have a set of the metric tires lined up at a good price.

What could possibly go wrong :)

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Looks like a lot of fun for $18,000. Congrats. I still love that blue color.

What tires were on it to begin with? Looking at that left rear tire in the pictures, it doesn't look like a TRX. Or was it converted to 16" wheels?

14. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    wish you all the best on repair cost. my '81 was a very lucky buy. drove it for 10 years and only changed oil and added gas. it is now eating money none stop but no complaints.

15. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Please be sure to update us after you have the car and good luck with it- I'm sure you will have a blast!

16. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
  17. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad

Are you selling your 1977?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Picked up the car today.

Anyone have a POV on order of repairs?

I've done different things in different orders.

In this vehicle, with my current set of vendors, I'm thinking:

1) Dash leather + driver seat repair + multiple deep hydration/dressings on the other leather (dry as a bone) + replace minor missing fittings.

2) Buff of paint + polish of chrome/trim + a little blending at worst spots if needed.

3) Mechanical. Tires + oil sensor + starter + whatever else pops up.

I was thinking, with this project, it could sit a LONG time in my interior and body guys waiting for it's turn, so why not do mechanical last, when it's ready to drive?

Thoughts?

-JA

PS: Was last in for an oil change and a pre-sale inspection in Nov 2014.

19. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    yes the 77 has a lot missing. but I bought it for a possible 365 motor trans install since I have an extra power train. I will not do that $6,000 for the gutted car. I can send photos. auto still in car. no motor, radiator, interior, instruments front bumper. glass perfect. first year car. has no side marker lights. came out of texas. I never put it in my name.

20. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Well done. And welcome to the V12 world of Ferrari.

Please do keep us informed.

Those are the best colors, and the colors on the car I sold to Sam.

Very nice.

21. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Guys. haha...let's keep this thread to 51777. Mitchell popping in on every thread talking about his cars. hahaha. And welcome JA. Beautiful blue color--but yeah you have a handful with that interior. Glad you're going to rescue it.

22. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    So, another update.

Ferrari of Denver was kind enough to email me PDFs of all the records from when they serviced the car from 2001 to 2004 (pre-sale to LA).

Of note:

- Tranny rebuild less than 11K KM ago
    - Fuel pumps replaced 12K KM ago
    - full Stebro exhaust 10KM ago (two actually, first was "too loud" for the owner)

Aside from that, couple AC repairs, brake service, bent rim replaced, regular fluids and other stuff.

Like $20K in total.

I now have records from 2001 when the car came in from Canada to Dec of 2014.

23. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    you might as well order an exhaust system. Stebro is not stainless. sorry to tell you this. I put a set on my Merak. sat for 8 year. car inside. drove 250 miles. rusted through

24. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    And the interior is done!

- All new leather dash wrap
    - Driver's seat repaired
    - Gallons of leather moisturizer and cleaner, but no dye or other work

Will have "patina" for sure, but everything looks great.

On to small paint blending (rear deckled, front hood) and front bumper/spoiler re-shoot. As well as a wet sand/polish.

https://instagram.com/p/1TVkmAJNBU/?taken-by=jabostontola

25. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Wow, your dash looks pretty darn nice. Was it originally brown? I thought from the previous pictures that it was black--but it is hard to tell.