new member and F400i question | FerrariChat

new member and F400i question

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rrbnut, Jan 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    afternoon all,
    am getting interested in the 400i, always loved the look of that model; certainly read I might be in the minority on that! In any case, read a lot what can be found online and might be in for $$ punishment. Am now in a position to go for that possible punishment. Even so, love to own one. But can not find any real answers as to getting car smogged in CA, what is needed, who might do it etc. Or if someone in CA has a good one for sale and it is registered already.
    Any help sure would be appreciated.

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #2 bjwhite, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You're certainly not in the minority here! We love these cars and the world is waking up to them also.

Regarding a car in California, I don't know about smog procedures, but you'll likely be looking for one with a BAR sticker. A picture of my car's sticker is attached. I'm sure others can chime in.

Next question is what are you looking for? Manual or auto? Which version of the car? Colors?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    went to see the car, in decent shape, doable, no BAR sticker, however was registered in MO. Any thoughts on getting it CA DMV registered? Appreciate it

4. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    palmer md,thanks super helpful and discouraging :(
    will keep you all posted