400i fuel pumps....? | FerrariChat

400i fuel pumps....?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by YorkieV12, Jan 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    There seems to be a very wide range of pumps and prices for these cars.
    Does anyone have a particular recommendation of type and/or source.?
    NB....I'm in the UK
    Thanks.

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    The same basic Bosch pump is sold as several different part numbers each with different inlet and outlet fittings depending on the car. Unless you want to change hose fittings you should stay with same part number. Yes, there is a wide range of prices. I only know US sources.
    Ken

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I used this brand. worked and cheap. I do not remember the part number.

4. 308mon

308mon Karting

Oct 5, 2014
    UK
  5. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    308 MON
    Thanks for that, I have been considering their pumps. Connections not important as I am replacing the entire system of pipework.

6. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I bet they do not have the high surge power on start up like the Bosch.
    Ken

7. scs550

scs550 Rookie

Dec 25, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    after being on my fifth (!) Bosch fuel pump within 9 months and 2000 km, I would be very interested to know which pump is working fine on your cars.
    Always the new Bosch pumps seem to last ~300 km, then - always on the same bank - the pump was broken. And, no it was not just fuse box, since the pumps were really broken afterwards.

Any advice is appreciated!

The pumps were always replaced on guarantee by Ferrari, so I did not mind too much. But nevertheless, it was not confidence inspiring on a longer trip... and on 6 cylinders, it is rather "limp-home".
    Somehow, I have good feeling this time it will last somewhat longer since it is a slightly used older pump that I wanted to try out .... let's see.
    Call me optimistic ;-)

Best regards

8. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hi Sven,

fuel pump problems? are you the owner of the silver pavesi with red interior?

9. scs550

scs550 Rookie

Dec 25, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Hi,

yes, the 1980 grey/red Pavesi Convertible...and very happy with it except for the fuel pumps ;-)
    How is your 400iA doing that I looked at in Vienna?

Best Sven

10. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    left front tyre is loosing pressure slowly (4 brand new tyres) and and the power window on the pax side is making a terrible noise. other than that ..... fine.

Greez, Andreas

11. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Has the Shop measured/confirmed the regulated supply pressure after replacing the pump(s)? If the pressure regulator section inside the fuel distributor wasn't working correctly (and the regulated supply pressure was too high), this would put added stress (both electrical and mechanical) on the pump -- but the mixture could still be OK because that is set independently (at whatever value the regulated supply pressure is - even if it is wrong). Just a thought....

Alternatively, measuring the current to run the pump might give the same clue -- a new (tight) CIS pump should be in the ~11A ballpark. If it was more like ~15A, I'd suspect the regulated supply pressure is too high.