Best source for 400i interior trim parts? | FerrariChat

Best source for 400i interior trim parts?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by JAnastas, Feb 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Hello,

So, I took the plunge into a #4 cosmetic/#3 mechanic '84 400i and it's my first F-car project, not my first car project.

My interior guy is good on the seats/carpets/dash leather shrinkage.

But where can I find the "trim bits" for the interior.

Examples:

- The square trim pieces around the round electrical buttons (eg: trunk and gas release). 3 are missing (buttons are there and they work), but decor trim is gone.

- The "brush" inside the shift gate (about 1/2 gone)

Stuff like that.

Also, exterior, all I need are the black bumpers (they are pretty solid, but have some cracking, splitting at the corners, not super horrible, but if I could find them...).

Thanks!

-JA

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Eurospares and T Rutlands and a few others. Eurospares seems to have the best prices but I also watch eBay.

3. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
  4. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    Did you succeed in finding the 'brush' around the shift gate? I pulled mine off last night and same as yours sounds; about half is worn right off, little bristles laying down below in the console.

5. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    If you go to the best Ferrari 400 blog in the world:

Ferrari 400

Then it will become a MUST source for all sorts of invaluable information, including where to search for parts - look at the right side of the website under "Parts."

6. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    Didn't find the shift trim yet, but there's enough there to get me into trouble! Thanks! WT

7. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    Update: Found the trim in the Eurospares catalog and at a reasonable price! Looks like pretty much everything is there, even good used stuff.
    Hate to see the Merak from Top Gear (and lots of other cars) in the 'break for parts' group though!
    Thanks for the link!