took the plunge and bought 45961 | FerrariChat

took the plunge and bought 45961

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rrbnut, Feb 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    After researching many things in regards to CA registration, but luckily having found out it was once registered in CA, and having a Ferrari mechanic look at the car, get it started and driven, I bought n#45961 – am totally stoked; love the off white color (not seen many around on web) and black interior; level suspension works, heater and air works, all lights etc work, transmission smooth, mechanic was actually surprised how well car drives after storage of 4 years; will need new tires, mechanicals all looked after etc. Drawback is some small rust inside door fronts but not too bad; car is totally straight with nary a dent or scratch; While all to be done not inexpensive, I knew what I was getting into thanks to you all and your help and experiences; I think I made a good deal based on the cars sold lately on ebay and other places. Will want to drive the car pretty much daily and can’t wait to get it on the road; spent 14 hrs detailing inside out the last 3 days; car looks awesome;seats were somewhat dry and after 3 applications of leatherique oils are phantastic; Will keep you posted and post pics when I can.

Things I might be looking for: 400i speaker grills for door

2. Premoto1

Premoto1 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tyler Winslow
    Congratulations. You've got yourself a beautifully designed car, in a great color combination, that can be lived with on a daily basis. It's built in an era that has enough creature comforts to make it useable but still has the look and feel of a classic car.

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Congrats! So is it staying in San Diego or going somewhere else in California?
    I'm sure I speak for all of us when we say that we'd love to see some pictures of it cleaned up!

4. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    That's great! Yes - pictures please.

5. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
  6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Looks much better. I dig the old school Ch. Pozzi sticker in the rear window. My 50679 came from the same dealer. :)

So it runs and drives ok now?

7. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    runs and drives and shifts nice,suspension comes up etc,but I will have mechanic go through everything, worth it to me, as I really want to drive it a lot and want to assure all is good,especially after being dormant for 4 years. Yeah,I like that sticker too. Car has yellow front fog lights, also indicates french delivery.

8. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad
    Congratulations 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Very nice!

10. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Congratulations and many happy smiles and miles with your new car! Keep us posted with pictures, reports and other stories about your ownership experience.

11. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    What a stunning colour. Almost like a light avorio. Congratulations on the purchase.

12. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Congratulations enjoy!

13. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Congrats! Bella macchina!

14. galbert

galbert Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    sud ouest france
    Full Name:
    Galbert Christopher
    soit le bienvenue avec ta très belle 400

15. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    If you don't mind- what did you pay and what is the mileage? The car looks beautiful and I wish you many years of happy motoring!

16. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Looks great! I wonder how many were painted this color, I think it looks really good. Go have some fun driving it.

17. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    thanks all-makes me feel even better about having it:)
    Everyone's help really helped me to get it. On the color, that was one deciding factor as I had not seen may in pics on web; anyone know how many possibly were made in this color? Mileage shows 32K and based on what we see it seems appropriate. I paid $26K which for me and compared to the other cars on offer was ok as no interiors need to be done, all systems work (just need refreshing to assure mechanicals are all ok) and new tires. No body damage, 2 small rust spots in door.
    Spent about 14 hrs cleaning and detailing it so I really know the interior and outside very well. So the overall and color combo works for me. Again,thanks to all of you and your help.
    Cheers

18. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #18 bjwhite, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    Congratulations !

20. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    You probably know this alteady, but the information from the eBay ad in 2011 by a seller in Missouri reported that the mileage was 30,529, that it had been repainted in 2000 and that the transmission had been rebuilt 800 miles previously.

21. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    Ashman,yes, thanks;every little info helps; transmission certainly shifts as if new and paint looks great.

22. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    #22 rrbnut, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bjwhite, here my color tag in back of trunk;it is too faded to make anything out; might anyone know what color or color code it can be based on the color swatches I had seen in the chat and what Simcso might think is a light avorio?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
  24. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Interesting. I've never seen that style of sticker before. Anyone else?

25. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Mine has the yellow sticker. I've never seen that sticker either. It has clearly been re-painted at some point as the rear area below the trunk is white and should be black. Perhaps the sticker was replaced at that time?