Gullwing in New York has 2 400's for sale tonite! | FerrariChat

Gullwing in New York has 2 400's for sale tonite!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by dogdoc97, Feb 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    they were not there this morning;Someone please help me with the link, thanks, Dogdoc

2. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Pretty sure we've seen that yellow one around before, several times.
    That nose bra doesn't bode well for the other one.
    Gullwing Motorcars, 'nuff said.

3. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Pretty unfriendly site to view pics on :mad:
    I 2nd Ross's comment on the nose bra :eek:

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Maroon for god sakes can you say PRUGNA!

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Since Gullwing doesn't have a reputation for top quality cars, they better have a lot of documentation to justify those asking prices.

6. coz77

coz77 Rookie

Feb 21, 2014
    I think the '82 yellow has 18k miles and the '84 has like 80k?

7. nixo

nixo Rookie

Sep 8, 2014
    Fairfield CT
    Full Name:
    nicolas
    Called this morning. The cars are not in the shop yet and don't come with any records other than the owner manual.

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    by my experience. but I have stated that before. some sucker will buy them

9. coz77

coz77 Rookie

Feb 21, 2014
    I dont see them listed anymore?

10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    What car did you buy from them? Or sell?

11. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    #12 i-velocita, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    I believe the black 81 is my old car. I sold it to a gentleman in Cincinnati about 7 years ago. Solid, good running car at time except hard to start cold due to starter and hot due to FI. Exhaust was tired too. Sold it for much less of course.

12. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I purchased a car(84 400ai) out of Ga. on E Bay. no title came with it, just a hand written note. car would not run. seller claimed he drove it from Texas. he finally fessed up to the title source. Gullwing. months of unanswered calls to Gullwing and I contacted the New York state atty. general. got title. car was total crap. paid $18,000, lost $10,000. lucky

13. Premoto1

Premoto1 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tyler Winslow
    That is correct. This is your old car. You sold the car to a man in Clifton, who sold it to Norm Baker, who sold it to me. When I got it the starter had been replaced and it had a Stebro stainless exhaust. I had the car for a couple of years and sold it along with a Testarossa to Gullwing so I could purchase a Euro dry sump 308. That 400i was a great car. I just couldn't really enjoy it with the automatic.

14. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    Glad it was a good experience for you Tyler. Also happy to hear the problem areas were addressed. I think Norm told me work had been done on the fuel injection also.

I didn't do a lot during my ownership. I replaced the battery, replaced the sections of the exhaust system over the rear axles and carefully re-dyed the interior. I used SEM dye and it turned out excellent.

For the record, I paid $13k for the car and sold it for $16.5k. Times have changed! I hope Gullwing gets a solid price for it and it finds an appreciative owner.

15. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Have a look at the front(&rear)bumper now

16. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    :eek: OMG :eek:

17. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    You can get to more photos once you have the first link. I had been asking Anthony Stella at Gullwing for pics and he would send a link. If you look for Peter Kumar's albums for Gullwing, you can find a good set of photos for every car he has (and had). Start with
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/gullwingmotorcar/sets/72157650540794033 which is the link for the black / beige car. If you search, you will find the link for the sage green car as well. It is physically in Fresno, and looks to be a very nice car. The interior looks to be much better than most of the Gullwing offerings, though green might not be everyone's favorite (and some photos previously shown were a pretty bad shade), it was kind of growing on me...no, not like algae...but I bought a different car, a 412. Different post. The yellow and burgundy cars were gone. A different link to Gullwing's site gets a much more user friendly page than the random one, but you can get ALL the photos if you go in this way. Good luck.