thoughts on Nardi wood steering wheel | FerrariChat

thoughts on Nardi wood steering wheel

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rrbnut, Mar 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    I always loved the look of these and had one on my RR Corniche. Saw them also in some 400i's on web; your thoughts? keep all original or does a nardi class it up even more :)

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Matter of taste IMO. Doesn't hurt or help and may look slightly more appropriate on the series 1 cars with the wood accents than on the series 2 cars with all leather.

The leather wheel probably provides better grip and you can forego the stringback driving gloves that you might need with the wood wheel. Ditch the ascot too and no one will mistake you for a poser! ;)

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Absolutely not............Nardi wood class only lessens the class of the car. :)

I always see Alfa guys doing stuff like that. A wood Nardi on a 1966 whatever the hell? Sure! A wood Nardi on a 1985 Alfa GTV6? Absolutely not.

I say the 400i falls into the absolutely not category. But then again, it's your car. I'm just strong willed and opinionated. :)

4. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    opinionated is good :) love the comments and truthfully am thinking the same way -keep it original and wood better on other cars. But wanted to hear other opinions. Thanks

5. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Save your original and put whatever the hell you want on it. Matching colors on the console might be pretty. I am tall so I prefer a smaller wheel. My console center plate is aluminum out of a GTC4. (mine 365 gt4/2+2) On the car when I got it. I think I will put a silver prototipo on mine. Good luck and have fun!

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I do love the silver console of the GTC/4......I always figured if I ended up with a series 1 that would be the route I would go.

Did any GT4s come with the silver originally?

7. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    What ever you choose just keep the original.

8. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    My car had a Nardi when I bought it (Series II) and I like the look. But leather driving gloves are a must with it.
    Ken

9. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    I don't know if mine came originally with it or not. I would not be surprised if it did as it shows wear comparable with the rest of the original interior. Being a 74' there may have been some laying around or they ran out of wood. Who knows but I am keeping it there.

10. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #11 soucorp, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Love my Nardi Wood Classic !

C H E E R S
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

I too enjoy a Nardi on my '74......love the leather case in your backseat! Whereas I do usually like the drilled alloy pedal, a touch to modern for this application, imho.

Looks to be a fine fine example, enjoy !
    Jack

12. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    car should be all done in the next three week;seeing your wood wheel I am still thinking about it:)

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I view that as not fitting with the vintage of the car. It's an 80s car with a 60s steering wheel.