64165 Found ! | FerrariChat

64165 Found !

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Part Time, Mar 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    #1 Part Time, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A fellow named Steve came by the dealership looking for front end crash parts for a Jeep Wrangler last week, I ordered the parts he needed but a few were on back/order, we got to talking about it and then I said something like.." you think these are hard to find, I have an old Ferrari, I can tell you stories about parts...".
    I showed him a cell phone picture of my 400i and he sez.." there is one of those in the body-shop where my Jeep is !" I was amazed....surprised...maybe 5 miles from my house....I called the shop and spoke to the son, he said " sure, come on over and take a look, it is my dads".
    I went yesterday afternoon, it is a 1986 412...blue with tan int and manual trans, pretty good overall condition...vin 64165. Spoke to the owner and looked it over a bit, sent an email to them today with link to F-chat, maybe I can get them to join the group....got 1 cell phone pic.
    Thats 1 more confirmed in USA, anyone have more info on this 412 ?

Gary
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    And a manual too!

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Interesting. Offered for sale in September 2010 by C Brody Investment Motor Cars and Guitars of Weston, Florida with 26,900 miles and an asking price of $49,500. My note said:

"Looks absolutely new. Same owner since 1992. Maintained by Tim Stanford, lots of receipts adding up to $30K spent over the past 13 years. Front seats redone, repainted. Has 400i front light lenses, indicating accident damage. Still for sale in January, 2011."

Then, in March of 2011, it was sold at the Auction America auction in Fort Lauderdale for $34,650 including buyer's premium. An FChatter from the Boston area apparently had seen and driven the car while looking for 412s and reported that 2nd gear was "notchy".

4. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    so is there body damage? for sale?

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    For sale. I really should have not looked

6. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    WHERE AND HOW MUCH?

7. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Wow....quite a reaction about a car I stumbled onto...original as far as I can tell, some paint/body cracking at left front corner where hood opening meets top of fender/w/shield corner, did not inspect all over. Starts..runs..drives, states the owner....does need hood struts, I sent them an email to jump on F-chat and look for the struts, they are available.
    ( it is owned by the b/shop owner, parked & stored there, not crashed )

But perhaps me putting even this info on line is very forward of me, I do not know what plans the owner has for the car, I just wanted to bring finding a 412 out to our group as a method of "here is 412 xxxxx, what else do we know about it ? " kind of thing.

But.....the first question both the owner and his son asked me was..." How much do you think it's worth ? "

Gary

8. 10ksupercars

10ksupercars Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 16, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    Full Name:
    Russell Harper
    #8 10ksupercars, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Do you by now have any idea if the 412 is for sale or not. Any contact info that can be forwarded?

9. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Russell.....I have not contacted the owner lately.....let me try to find out if he is keeping or selling the 412, I will post back here.

Gary